Is my EK pump strong enough?

x7solidstate7x

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
Hi, hi, hi.

I received an XSPC slim 480mm radiator as a gift from a friend of mine. I'm currently running a rig with two Bitspower Leviathan slim 360mm radiators (30mm thick), cooling a GPU and CPU. If I added this 480mm radiator, would a single EK DDC 3.2 PWM pump be able to reasonably handle it all? Or should I bite the bullet and buy a second pump?

iamacow

Admirable
No! I'm surprised you are getting more than a trickle with 2 Rads and a GPU, CPU loop. You want a least a D5 and if you are adding a 480 than you need to think about dual D5s.

Also on a side question; why do you need so many Rads? I am using a single 360 XSPC rad that rated for 600watts. Keeps my motherboard, 1080 Ti and 3960X cooled below 45c 24/7. I don't see a reason for anything more than that unless you got 3 or 4 video cards.

x7solidstate7x

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013

The pump actually runs pretty well with everything so far. I have it running at 50% at all times and the flow rate is excellent. I'm totally aware that two 360mm radiators are more than enough for my setup. I just thought that since I had an extra radiator laying around, and if my pump could handle it, why not?
I'll definitely keep in mind what you said though. Last thing I want is to feel humiliated by building a loop that doesn't work.
I appreciate the feedback.