Status
Not open for further replies.

Sahir Dizdarevic

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2014
Hi everyone.

Recently I've got warning someone tried to log in to my email acc from unknown location and google prevented him, so after that I changed my pw (2FA is already on). Later on I've received an email claiming I created snapchat account (which I didn't, I don't even use it). I ignored that as I thought maybe someone accidently entered my email and created acc with it, and it also needs to be verified which shouldn't be possible If I don't click it, I thought. But the day after I received an email that I successfully verified that account. Right after that I downloaded manually snapchat app on my phone and tried to log in with my email, I successfully reset pw and entered account.
I saw he sent some spam virus messages to random ppl. Also I noticed some weird blackmails in my junk folder where he claims he got my data I have to pay some money to him in bitcoin or he will publish it etc etc, which I've just ignored. He gave me around 48hrs and that happened almost month ago at this moment.

I did clean install of my system and changed pw of every single acc I know I had.

But I wonder how's this possible? How did he verify newly created account if he didn't enter my email and why would he even do that? I checked login activity, it's only me, and that hacker who entered but google kicked him out instantly. I also wonder how did he pass my 2FA, which I use on every single account I have.

Hi everyone.

Recently I've got warning someone tried to log in to my email acc from unknown location and google prevented him, so after that I changed my pw (2FA is already on). Later on I've received an email claiming I created snapchat account (which I didn't, I don't even use it). I ignored that as I thought maybe someone accidently entered my email and created acc with it, and it also needs to be verified which shouldn't be possible If I don't click it, I thought. But the day after I received an email that I successfully verified that account. Right after that I downloaded manually snapchat app on my phone and tried to log in with my email, I successfully reset pw and entered account.
I saw he sent some spam virus messages to random ppl. Also I noticed some weird blackmails in my junk folder where he claims he got my data I have to pay some money to him in bitcoin or he will publish it etc etc, which I've just ignored. He gave me around 48hrs and that happened almost month ago at this moment.

I did clean install of my system and changed pw of every single acc I know I had.

But I wonder how's this possible? How did he verify newly created account if he didn't enter my email and why would he even do that? I checked login activity, it's only me, and that hacker who entered but google kicked him out instantly. I also wonder how did he pass my 2FA, which I use on every single account I have.
What type of 2FA do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.