Question Is my ethernet port fried?

Apr 30, 2020
I'm new to the site so bear with me.

I was working with some LED strips, and I was just exploring in which way I would get the best effects. Suddenly I tried (something very stupid of me) to put power on power. Ofcourse, my PC shut off.
When I turned it back on, I got a recovery screen but my PC seemed alright without any further issues.
Booted into Windows and came to know that I had no wired internet connection. Everything else still working fine, I found it very odd.
I Looked at the back of the PC and noticed that none of the lights on the back of the port were blinking or working too.

I already tried taking out and placing back the CMOS battery, which made no difference for me.
Also I tried a different cable, which also didn't give me any luck. Reïnstalling the network driver didn't work for me either.

I can't seem to find any way in the BIOS to look if the LAN connection is there or not.

My motherboard is: Gigabyte H310M H 2.0 (rev. 1.0).

I think at this point I have to buy a new Ethernet card or anything. Any tips maybe for more troubleshooting?

TL;DR:
I think I fried my motherboard and I'm running out of options to check wether it's fried or not.

Edit:
I noticed my USB mic isn't being recognized anymore. I changed to port it's connected to, but nothing changes.
(I think the mic is fried too?)

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS