Is my fan arrangment stupid?

HumanTarget

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
I have a sunbeam acrylic case. Here it is the night I built it. Before I got the PSU cables under control. You can see the bright blue LED Rail fan behind the mess of cables.

October08039.jpg

Since then I've added an arctic cooling freezer 7 pro and my temps in coretemp and hwmonitor seem plenty acceptable at 3.2 8x400.

What I'm worried about it my airflow with the rail fan blowing straight into one side of the heatsink fan. I've done a quick diagram in paint to show what I mean.

airflow.jpg

What I'm looking for is any input on the effect having 1 fan blowing straight into half of another fan will have. Will it make things better, worse, cause the hsf to die early?

Also really looking for any kind of input on my airflow setup. Keeping in mind that I realize I have more cfm in than out intentionally in the hope it will reduce dust inside the case and force more air through the PSU.

So many people here so much better informed on this stuff than I am I'd really appreciate any and all input.

Edit: Also debating lowering the front intake fan to down in front of the Hard drive but my logic at the time was that at the higher position it would increase airflow accross the cpu and nb. and the lower side intake fan would help keep the airflow good around the gpu (hd4870). And it's temps seem great.

HumanTarget

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
Thanks for the encouragement, that's what I'd LIKE to do, hehe.

Just worried about the rail fan causing trouble with the hsf.