Is my final build good?

ellman12

Commendable
Oct 17, 2016
Hello,

I have finished my build for my first gaming pc (thanks to everyone here who helped! :)) and I wanted to make sure it's good. Here is the complete build: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/htBvqk
Is my build good for playing mmorpg games and I was (possibly) looking into modding and [obviously] playing MineCraft. Would this work good for those and any other type of games? Thanks.

Should I get a 4k monitor? If so, any recommendations? Because I have 2 monitors right now. The first one is asus (hooked up with dvi but has all 4 types of ports) and it is good. The 2nd is viewsonic and it's crappy (hooked up by vga and has vga and dvi). I want to replace the ViewSonic one. Also what type of cable should I use? (vga, hdmi) Thanks for any help.

Solution
Here are some things you need to fix:

Go for the i7 6700K. If not, then you don't need the Z170 motherboard.
Get an aftermarket GTX 1070. Not only is the Founder's Edition ridiculously ugly from the side, it also performs more than 5% worse than aftermarket cards in terms of temps and clock speeds.

You don't need a 4K monitor. Either go 1440p 75-100Hz or 1440p 60 Hz ultrawide for consistent buttery smooth gameplay. Also, this PC is overkill for MMORPGs and Minecraft, but if you have the funds, go for it.

bwinzey

Respectable
Jun 26, 2016
The GTX 1080 isn't good enough for 4k so I imagine that the 1070 will struggle a lot. Other than that everything looks fine. You can buy the 6700k right now for about the same price as the regular 6700

CorsairSSC

Respectable
Aug 9, 2016
Here are some things you need to fix:

Go for the i7 6700K. If not, then you don't need the Z170 motherboard.
Get an aftermarket GTX 1070. Not only is the Founder's Edition ridiculously ugly from the side, it also performs more than 5% worse than aftermarket cards in terms of temps and clock speeds.

You don't need a 4K monitor. Either go 1440p 75-100Hz or 1440p 60 Hz ultrawide for consistent buttery smooth gameplay. Also, this PC is overkill for MMORPGs and Minecraft, but if you have the funds, go for it.

Solution