[SOLVED] Is my friend's CPU(A4-6300) compatible with GT730

Dec 1, 2021
Hello I know some of you might be asking to upgrade to a much more powerful CPU and get a decent GPU but my friend's financial situation is not really that great so he has to play with a crappy GPU AMD HD5450 and he wants an upgrade so he can run Valorant on a stable fps and I just wanna ask if there is gonna be bottlenecks or if its not compatible with the GPU at all. Any help would be appreciated. (Sorry for my bad English i don't live in an English speaking country)

Solution
The 730 is PCIE and the motherboard A68HM-K has a PCIE 3.0 x16 slot so it should be a fairly simple install.

It would be a good idea to completely remove all the ATI/AMD software & drivers for the old video card. I'd recommend downloading a small app called DDU. You'll need to boot into windows safe mode for it to work properly. Just do a search for "DDU" - display driver uninstaller - and instructions on "how to boot to safe mode in windows" . It isn't difficult just a few steps to follow.
This should be done before shutting down to remove the old video card and install new one.
Then boot up and install Nvidia drivers.

Hopefully Intel will release a decent budget video card with plenty of stock that doesn't get completely hoarded...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Dec 1, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.
Thank you for telling me this its
CPU: AMD A4-6300
Motherboard: A68HM-K
RAM:Kingston 8GB DDR3
SSD:Kingston A400 SSD
GPU:AMD HD5450
PSU: Cheap 700 watts PSU(He only told me he has a 700 watt PSU he got it around 700 PHP around 14 USD)
Chassis: (he still hasn't told me yet I inserted the picture of the case down below)
Monitor: (I don't really know sorry)
unknown.png

UnCertainty08

Reputable
Sep 9, 2020
The 730 is PCIE and the motherboard A68HM-K has a PCIE 3.0 x16 slot so it should be a fairly simple install.

It would be a good idea to completely remove all the ATI/AMD software & drivers for the old video card. I'd recommend downloading a small app called DDU. You'll need to boot into windows safe mode for it to work properly. Just do a search for "DDU" - display driver uninstaller - and instructions on "how to boot to safe mode in windows" . It isn't difficult just a few steps to follow.
This should be done before shutting down to remove the old video card and install new one.
Then boot up and install Nvidia drivers.

Hopefully Intel will release a decent budget video card with plenty of stock that doesn't get completely hoarded by miners/scalpers.
So more people can start PC Gaming. It must be so hard for young people, people on tighter budgets without an extra $1000 to drop on a video card.

Solution