[SOLVED] Is my gaming laptop peforming normally compared to its age?

Dec 3, 2020
Laptop (Lenovo Legion Y520) Specs:
GPU:GTX1050(4GB)
CPU:I7 7700HQ
RAM:16GB
HDD:1TB SSD:118GB

I have been using this laptop for about 3 years now and I noticed a serious downgrade on the performance.
When I first bought it, it was able to run gta 5 in high-ultra settings 1080p and could run pubg at medium settings 1080p at mostly stable 60fps but now it can't even maintain a stable 60fps on lowest settings 900p on both of these games. Also the fps is really choppy it doesn't just stay at a low framerate it stutters all the time. On low end games like (valorant,minecraft,cs-go etc.) it has no problems running them at more than 60fps without any stutter. I have recently dust cleaned it changed the thermal paste on my cpu and as far as I'm concerned both of the fans are working propperly and it doesn't have any thermal related issues. I am sure that my computer doesn't have any malvare that can slow it down. My antivirus software isn't detecting any.
I don't know if something is not working properly on my computer. And I'm not sure if this is just from its age so I would be grateful if someone can help.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update, then make sure you're on the latest update for your OS, currently we're on 20H2 for Windows 10, then download the latest drivers from Nidia's support site. Use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then manually install the GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

See if that brings your gaming experience back up.

Lutfij

Titan

Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update, then make sure you're on the latest update for your OS, currently we're on 20H2 for Windows 10, then download the latest drivers from Nidia's support site. Use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then manually install the GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Solution
Dec 3, 2020

I think I uninstalled those games when I noticed this performance issue about 2 weeks ago I will reinstall them. I have just done the things you suggested to me and I want to see if it worked or not as soon as possible without waiting for the games to install can you suggest me a good benchmark software?

Dec 3, 2020

I just ran pubg and it runs so good I think the BIOS update has fixed it thank you so much. :)