Question is my gigabyte AB350M-Gaming 3 compatible with the ryzen 5000 series?

VitorMoreira2525

Commendable
Apr 9, 2021
Hi there!
i have a gigabyte AB350M-Gaming 3 with the bios version f23 and i am currently using a ryzen 5 2600.
I was thinking about upgrading it to a ryzen 5 5600 and i have read online that i can do the bios update, but i was wondering if i can jump straight from the bios version f23 to the latest one, or if i need to install the previous ones first.

thanks in advance, have a good day.

Hi there!
i have a gigabyte AB350M-Gaming 3 with the bios version f23 and i am currently using a ryzen 5 2600.
I was thinking about upgrading it to a ryzen 5 5600 and i have read online that i can do the bios update, but i was wondering if i can jump straight from the bios version f23 to the latest one, or if i need to install the previous ones first.

thanks in advance, have a good day.
According to Gigabyte's notes you should update to version F31 first, then go on to the latest version, F51f.

Also be sure to update CMOS...I'd do it with a battery pull while shorting the pins for a few minutes. Do it both before and after each update to be safest.

I've got one of those boards but stopped using it when it proved totally inadequate (the VRM) for a Ryzen 1700. A 5600 is a lot more efficient, though, so I can imagine it will work out much better. Let us know how your upgrade works out for you.