[SOLVED] Is my GPU borked?

Feb 1, 2020
My screen will randomly go black then back on saying it connected hdmi blah blah. It is really random, in games or the web doesnt matter. But when it happens it will happen more than once. Any possible solutions?

Solution
Download GPUz to check temps while gaming.
I had similar issue with a xfx rx480 it was overheating a blacking out. I also had an issue very very long time ago with a geforce 5500 where a cap was failing and was making things go all wonky

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
Download GPUz to check temps while gaming.
I had similar issue with a xfx rx480 it was overheating a blacking out. I also had an issue very very long time ago with a geforce 5500 where a cap was failing and was making things go all wonky

Solution
Feb 1, 2020
I'll try all this tomorrow as I have to go to sleep and do school etc, thank you for all this! I'll let you know what happens. Also I might try removing the GPU as the Ryzen 2200G as Integrated Graphics and see if anything happens.

Feb 1, 2020
Dropped ram back to 3000Mhz, didn't seem to help, im going to drop it a bit lower but not much.. And temps on both the GPU and CPU around 50DegreesCelcius, is this too high? Ive only got two main PC fans, on front one exhaust but im getting 3 more soon, will this help?

Dropped ram back to 3000Mhz, didn't seem to help, im going to drop it a bit lower but not much.. And temps on both the GPU and CPU around 50DegreesCelcius, is this too high? Ive only got two main PC fans, on front one exhaust but im getting 3 more soon, will this help?
Did you remove your CPU and GPU OC?
Try resetting the bios by taking out the CMOS battery for 1min while the PC is unplugged from the wall.

Feb 1, 2020
Did you remove your CPU and GPU OC?
Try resetting the bios by taking out the CMOS battery for 1min while the PC is unplugged from the wall.
I didn't use my mobo to overclock as its not able to though i'll make sure the GPU is on stock. Also by they way, my Ryzen 2200G's clock speed is 3.5ghz but it runs at 3.7ghz sometimes, is this normal?

Feb 1, 2020
After I finished a couple rounds in CS:GO I saw temps from like 48-54°C on both CPU + GPU. I'm possibly also getting a AIO cooler to swap for the amd stock cooler.

Feb 1, 2020
I think i'm going to leave the problem alone, theres no way I can refund the GPU or CPU as they were bought used and the issue has only happened once today so it's not going to kill me. Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I shall be back if it gets worse :)

TRENDING THREADS