Is my gpu broken again or is it a power suply problem?

is it gpu or cpu

• gpu

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • cpu

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

craig2911

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
OK so I was playing league today and all of a sudden my screen goes black, so I think crap not again as I have just had the same model of gpu replaced after 2 weeks of running for a similar issue. However this time the pc stayed turned on and will stay on when the gpu is in but have a black screen and not boot, whereas last time the pc turned off and it would switch itself off as soon as I turned it on again also the gpu was clearly fried.

so my thought are I have either got supper unlucky and got 2 crappy gpu's or my power suply is starting to fail.

I have replaced the gpu with an old one that just runs of the pci-e slot and the computer is working fine same as last time.

pc specs (everything at stock)
amd fx8320
gtx 760 /replacement hd7760
Asus M5A78L-M/USB3
hdd 1.5 tb
ssd sandisk 64gb
psu corsair tx650
optical drive

when i run hwmonitor it shows very funny reading so much so i think it is just wrong things like 8.12v on +12v rail.

so what do you guys think is it the psu

craig2911

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
yeah but the thing is if I just rma the card again what is to say the same thing wont happen with the new card. Also it a bit weird to have 2 brand new cards break within 2 weeks of purchase

D

Deleted member 362816

In this case I don't think it would be anything else other then the gpu with the issues that you are explanning.

Personally if I have to rma a card more then 1 time I will get the card back on the second sell it on ebay and move to a diffrent model.

craig2911

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
it is through Amazon so I can just get a full refund. But yeah think I will just refund the card and stick with the old card for now since I don't really need a high end gpu

D

Deleted member 362816

Sounds like a good idea if amazon will let you return it.