Is my GPU broken?

lihongang217

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018
I Have a gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 motherboard with 16gb of ram core i5 2500k 3.3ghz with a corsair tx650 power supply. And i was wondering if a gtx1050ti MSI OC edition double would work with my system because i just ordered 1 from newegg i plugged it in download drivers from disc then played fortnite for 10 minute in the middle of the match the gpu lost signal with my monitor, so i manually power off holding the power button. After it turned off i power back on the still no connect from my new gtx 1050ti. The fan werent running but my computer was running just fine. So i plugged back into integrated graphic so now im stuck i think my gpu is broken. And returning it for a new one. So can anyone tell me what i did wrong

. Should i just download driver from website

.is my system compatible

.tell me what to do correctly im new plz
Thanks

P.S im new to computers in general

And should i return the GPU ?? I feel like its completely defective

yes i believe because of those outdated drivers on that disk, probably caused you to crash, but you didn't list specs so it could be a bunch of things. download geforce experience if you don't already have it. it will automatically bring up most current driver download it and try again