[SOLVED] Is my GPU broken?

kobevue559

Prominent
Jan 22, 2019
So I bought a PC on Craigslist, I play league of legends and I get no problems, but everytime I play a high intense graphic game, myPC either runs it for a little bit then shuts down, or it shuts down as The game boots up, I’m not sure if it’s my GPU or my PSU, I tried overclocking my Gpu 2 days ago and it made my screen go black and it just froze, I’m not sure if my GPU is broken or my PSU

SPECS: cpu: i3 8100
Gpu:rx580
Mobo: z370
PSU: 600 WATTS

Solution
So I bought a PC on Craigslist, I play league of legends and I get no problems, but everytime I play a high intense graphic game, myPC either runs it for a little bit then shuts down, or it shuts down as The game boots up, I’m not sure if it’s my GPU or my PSU, I tried overclocking my Gpu 2 days ago and it made my screen go black and it just froze, I’m not sure if my GPU is broken or my PSU

League of legends isnt that intensive and could run easily on integrated graphics which you may have enabled. Check if its your gpu that is enabled and that the hdmi port is plugged onto it and not the motherboard

kobevue559

Prominent
Jan 22, 2019
the exact brand is EVGA and yes I was already have problems before I overclocked it, I overclocked it just to check if it was my GPU with the issues and now I’m thinking that it could possibly be, or it’s my drivers

Shay Green

Prominent
Feb 17, 2020

League of legends isnt that intensive and could run easily on integrated graphics which you may have enabled. Check if its your gpu that is enabled and that the hdmi port is plugged onto it and not the motherboard

Solution