Question Is my gpu busted?

Jan3s

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
Hello guys,

So what basically happens is my GPU stops giving display while going under full load and starts sounding like a jet all of a sudden, i have to force restart the whole system to get display back. (Gpu stops giving signal to monitor)

Things that i have tried,

Applied Thermal Paste (HY510)
Setting the fan curve through MSI afterburner
Reinstalled drivers
Reinstalled windows
Replaced psu

Note: it only crashes when i play heavy games which utilizes both cpu and gpu. I can play dota 2 at 60fps locked without any issues.

Gpu temps: 69-70 (full load)

Specs (Edited)
Ryzen 5 2600
16 GB Corsair Veangence LPX 3200mhz
Gigabyte X370 Gaming 3
Msi RX580 8GB Gaming X
CoolerMaster Silentpro 1000W 80+ Platinum
Cosair Spec Delta Casing

99StefanRO

Honorable
Oct 25, 2016
I had the same problem and I was losing my sanity because my GPU kept doing it even after being replaced under warranty. It was the PSU, all the time I thought in can not be the PSU since it was a Corsair RM550x. But it was the PSU. Same goes for you, the PSU seems that "it can't be it" since it's a 1000w 80+ Platinum from a manufacturer with good reputation, but it mostly likely is.

Jan3s

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
I had the same problem and I was losing my sanity because my GPU kept doing it even after being replaced under warranty. It was the PSU, all the time I thought in can not be the PSU since it was a Corsair RM550x. But it was the PSU. Same goes for you, the PSU seems that "it can't be it" since it's a 1000w 80+ Platinum from a manufacturer with good reputation, but it mostly likely is.

But dude i got this psu as replacing the older one because it had same problem :/

Jan3s

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
Can you check the GPU on some other PC ? Or better yet, use a different PSU model to test the card ? IF the problem persists, then most probably your GPU might be faulty.

I suspect a POWER SUPPLY issue though.

Its written in the post bro, i replaced the psu already, before i had asus (vento something) 700W and it was causing the same issue.

Thermal Paste (HY510) only $1.98 on amazon. Don't know much about it , prefer MX-4. Did you say your RX 580 has already been replaced once under warranty? Have you looked at it with GPU-Z to see if anything looks strange? Is it over clocked? What drivers are you using?

Jan3s

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
Thermal Paste (HY510) only $1.98 on amazon. Don't know much about it , prefer MX-4. Did you say your RX 580 has already been replaced once under warranty? Have you looked at it with GPU-Z to see if anything looks strange? Is it over clocked? What drivers are you using?

Gpus isnt replaced under warranty, temps are fine so i dont think spending on thermalpaste is wise anyway, nothing seems strange to me on gpuz or hwinfo, im not sure if its factory overclocked, i have tried several drivers (19.5.2, 19.7.1,17.1.1)