Question Is my GPU dead? Or...

Oct 25, 2019
I have this one problem on my computer and i don't know if it's my GPU, here i can show you guys a clip on whats going on; https://drive.google.com/file/d/13vSLjJ6dRBJ59iEZa0PkxqXfS2jbe9wU/view?usp=drivesdk (If link did not work, just copy and paste it to another typable area.) As you can see,I'm thinking that the gpu drivers is crashing or lets just say freezing for few minutes, goes to no signal, then goes back to normal. I did a test a while ago and it did the same but in this case, GPU crashed, clicked on the mouse, monitor went no signal. So I'm not sure anymore what is the problem, GPU, PSU or what?

Specs
MOBO: MSi B250M PRO VDH
CPU: Intel Core i5-7500
RAM: Corsair 2x8GB 2133MHZ (16GB)
PSU: HEC Cougar 600 Watts (True Rated)
GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9-280X Dual-X 3GB
HDD (1): 1.5TB Seagate
HDD (2): 150GB Seagate
SSD: Intel SSD 60GB

P.S. Looking forward to change the GPU but need to make sure if the GPU is really the problem. Thanks, i'll try to reply ASAP

It looks like your gpu is overheating and thermal throttling. In the upper left hand corner of your video the gpu temp was heading to 78-79 degrees pretty fast. Check your gpu for dust on fan and cooling fins and clean it. Also up the fan cooling curve to see if you can lower the gpu temps.

Oct 25, 2019
It looks like your gpu is overheating and thermal throttling. In the upper left hand corner of your video the gpu temp was heading to 78-79 degrees pretty fast. Check your gpu for dust on fan and cooling fins and clean it. Also up the fan cooling curve to see if you can lower the gpu temps.
Hmmm tried doing that earlier, plus the gpu temps are on the left side of the RPM part which reads 67. I've also changed the fans since the old ones are broken.

Oct 25, 2019
Ok so the video is blurry, what ever is the top line gpu or cpu? Go to computer management, event viewer and see if there are any critical error reports.
Ok so I just checked event viewer and it seems it just showed one of common software issues (or not so common) and what it mostly showed is about the kernel thingymajiggers (Don't know how to call it lol sry). What I did try for further inspection on what is going on is the Windows Reliability Monitor. I'm not sure if it does help but it did say something about the crash, related to the hardware itself.

TRENDING THREADS