Question Is my GPU dead? PC working but no display.

Feb 8, 2020
I was playing Games yesterday everything was fine but I could imagine my GPU running quite hot but not that hot it was about 76°c. But what happening today is I turn on my PC but there´s no display on my Monitor I thought some cable might be lose but it wasn't, I plug out and plug in everything still nothing work. Luckily I got another PC my old i7 4770k build laying in my room so I insert my GPU in my old system and the same thing happen, no display but I could navigate through windows blindly and I could hear my music playing. The thing is my GPU rgb still working and fan both spinning so I could not imagine it would be dead but who knows. btw. my GPU is Gainward GTX 1070 golden sample. great gpu in my opinion.. well untill now?
So what could I do here? its been over 2 years so the warranty is long gone. Sould I unscrew my GPU and blow some dust? it not even tthat much dust the GPU looks really clean to me.

edit* I did not overclock my GPU at all.

Can you plug in the GPU into the 4770k system? Then plug the monitor cable into the motherboard.

This won't use your GPU but should allow you to get into Windows. Then see if your GPU appears in device manager. Does it have a yellow triangle and error code 43?

Feb 8, 2020
Can you plug in the GPU into the 4770k system? Then plug the monitor cable into the motherboard.

This won't use your GPU but should allow you to get into Windows. Then see if your GPU appears in device manager. Does it have a yellow triangle and error code 43?
dont really work, in order for my 4770k intergrated graphic to work I have to unplug my GTX 1070 out of my motherboard. but then I cant check it..

TRENDING THREADS