Is my GPU dead?

lucaswyrm

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017
So i'll be honest, purchased R9 280 GPU for 50€ from a used parts website, don't know if it was OC'ed or used in mining, i know it was a risk... But when i try to livestream/record games i get this black box
k1o6ke
http:// .... and after 20 minutes or so i get the box on my screen aswell, but in different side, that can't be seened in recording... When i restart my pc, and play just the game, without turning software on, it seems fine.... So, it means i need to buy new GPU? New one not used? Or i can fix this buddy...? :/

Solution
Have you tried uninstalling the AMD drivers and reinstalling them clean with all default settings? Also in MSI afterburner, try setting the TDP or Power settings to 90%, it could be artifacting from heat or too much voltage if it was abused before you got it. Other than that, try cleaning the fins, maybe put new paste on it and check your monitor cable. Past that it would take troubleshooting with multiple systems and special tools.

robax91

Distinguished
Have you tried uninstalling the AMD drivers and reinstalling them clean with all default settings? Also in MSI afterburner, try setting the TDP or Power settings to 90%, it could be artifacting from heat or too much voltage if it was abused before you got it. Other than that, try cleaning the fins, maybe put new paste on it and check your monitor cable. Past that it would take troubleshooting with multiple systems and special tools.

Solution

lucaswyrm

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017

Could you please screenshot it, because i can't find the setting in MSI Afterburner