[SOLVED] Is my GPU dead?

Apr 1, 2020
Hello everyone,

today I got massively disappointed as my pc crashed while I was playing the latest call of duty. At first I thought the power went out, but then I noticed my RAM sticks were still illuminated and my monitor was also powered on. After that I disconnected my pc from the power outlet, waited a bit and then tried turning it back on but it wouldnt turn on. I tried removing the RAM and after that I removed the GPU, then added the RAM back and the pc turned on again. I also noticed that the LED that indicates that the GPU is being powered near the 8 pin connector was no longer glowing. Is there any chance this issue can be fixed somehow? Or do I have to get a new gpu?
RMA'ing isnt an option, as the warranty is over.

My setup:
Ryzen 5 2600
16GB Team delta RGB ram @3000MHz
Corsair VS550
XFX RX 580 8GB

Solution
" I also noticed that the LED that indicates that the GPU is being powered near the 8 pin connector was no longer glowing. "

If this is the case.....I think chances are good you have a bad GPU.
That light should be lit if you have power at the 8 pin plug.
" I also noticed that the LED that indicates that the GPU is being powered near the 8 pin connector was no longer glowing. "

Solution
Apr 1, 2020

Could the PCI-E slot be damaged as well? Or should the LED lit up regardless?

TRENDING THREADS