[SOLVED] Is my GPU dead?

Error137

Reputable
Feb 23, 2017
Hello, I was wondering if there is any way to check if my GPU is dead for sure? Lately it has been running very hot (70 degrees in For Honor on lowest settings) (close to 80 degrees in the divison 1 on medium). So let me fill you in, today I was playing Need For Speed Heat and I was creating a car and stuff, when all of the sudden my FPS dropped to 15, I closed the game and left it to cool down but when I went back in still 15fps, I tried other games like Hades, in which I used to have between 60-70 fps, now I only have 35 and sometimes it goes lower to 20. These are my PC specs:

CPU - Intel Core I7 3770
GPU - AMD Radeon 370 Sapphire Nitro 4GB
2x1TB Hdds
1 250GB SSD
750W Power Supply

Thank you in advance for replying

wi5pa

Distinguished
May 20, 2012
You can check whats happening with the PSU by using the HWMonitor programme and see if there is anything out of the ordinary.
As a poster has said above a steady temp of 70/80c is ok when playing games.
Ive not heard of that make of PSU, so upgrading would be sensible.
You could also upgrade the graphics card to something like a GeForce GTX 1660 TI.

You also might have something updating/downloading in the background that day so i would monitor the peformance over the next few days.

How much Ram have you got in the system ? It might need an upgrade too.

Error137

Reputable
Feb 23, 2017
Yeah it's pretty good, I asked the question about my gpu dying bc some time ago aprox 2 months ago I was playing with a friend and all of the sudden my screen looked like I put a glitch filter on it, it was all torn up and purple, I restarted the PC and after that it was ok, since then nothing happened only yesterday with the game dropping to very low fps, but I fixed it now apparently I had to update the drivers

Reactions: wi5pa

TRENDING THREADS