Question Is my GPU dead?

Pal196

Honorable
Oct 6, 2014
So I recently replaced my motherboard since it was destroyed. I removed the GPU from my MOBO soon after it was fried and it worked fine on my girlfriend's PC. I just stored my GPU away until I got my new MOBO. It wasn't until I connected it to the new MOBO that it started acting strange. I'm so confused as to why this would happen. I've tried turning on my pc and I'm not getting any output from my GPU. The fans spin at max speed and the LED's turn on. My drivers were up to date so I'm not sure why this is happening.

I tested it again on my girlfriend's pc and connected it to different PCIE lanes. Still getting the same results. Looked on the PCIE connector, found some scratches, but they don't appear too deep. Have these scratches bricked my GPU or is there any remedy for this?

Picture of the scratches: View: https://i.imgur.com/HO72MzH.jpg

I see nothing wrong with the connector. Yet there might be lots of other things wrong with it...
As a rule of thumb, try stating a little more info on the whole system.
So far it sounds like "-My car does not drive well with the new transmission, my right wheel is scratched"

Pal196

Honorable
Oct 6, 2014
I see nothing wrong with the connector. Yet there might be lots of other things wrong with it...
As a rule of thumb, try stating a little more info on the whole system.
So far it sounds like "-My car does not drive well with the new transmission, my right wheel is scratched"
My system is an EVGA SC GTX 1080, Ryzen 5600x, Gigabyte B450i Auros Pro, 2x8gb 3000mhz Geil Potenza RAM, 650w PSU, and an NZXT AIO.

Some background on what happened. My router was destroyed from a power surge and my old MOBO (Asus STRIX B450i) was fried as well because of the ethernet cable. Tested everything individually on my gf's pc hours after the incident, everything worked fine. Rebuilt my system with the new mobo and now my gpu is acting up. Connected my gf's gpu to my rebuilt system and it works fine. Even updated the BIOS and enabled my RAM's xmp profile. GPU fans still spin at max speed and I'm getting no display on both systems.

antonis mark

Prominent
Jan 21, 2021
whats your mobo, CPU and GPU? power supply? (you may not have enough power to power your card ? also you connected the specific wires to the GPU? high-end GPU need their own dedicated wiring connected to PSU

Pal196

Honorable
Oct 6, 2014
whats your mobo, CPU and GPU? power supply? (you may not have enough power to power your card ? also you connected the specific wires to the GPU? high-end GPU need their own dedicated wiring connected to PSU
Listed my specs on the comment above. I know for certain I've got enough power. The gpu is also connected properly on both systems.