[SOLVED] Is my GPU dead?

May 21, 2022
PROBLEM: BSOD with "video scheduler internal error" when using HDMI and DP ports from GTX 1080. My computer has an onboard gpu that works perfectly fine, but the moment I attempt to connect a display cable to the 1080 it bluescreens with the video scheduler error. In task manager(image below), my 1080 still shows up as normal.

COMPUTER TYPE: Desktop, prebuilt cyberpower pc
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, 8GB VRAM, No OC
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, No OC
MOTHERBOARD: ASUSTeK TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING
BIOS Version Date: American Megatrends Inc. 0606, 8/31/2018
RAM: A-Data Technology (4x8GB) DDR4 1499MHz, XMP 2.0, No OC
PSU: ATNG Model: APED-1150FC-GO, 960W, 80A 12v
OS & VERSION: Windows 10 Home, Version 20H2, OS Build 19042.1586
GPU NVIDIA DRIVERS: 511.79 Upgrade from 416.94 (this was a fresh install with DDU)

TROUBLESHOOTING: I was initially on driver 512.77 (for a few days) when the problem first started. I used DDU in safe mode to roll back to 416.94. It seemed to work and I was able to boot to windows normally, where I updated to my current driver 511.79 (I had used this driver for months with no issue). However, upon launching a game the screen flickered black and then displayed the same BSOD error listed above.
I've tried another HDMI & DP cable and the other DP ports on the GPU with no success. Currently using integrated GPU with no problems (aside from being unable to run any games)
Really hoping this isn't a hardware issue, thanks for reading.

unknown.png

Solution
GPUs can die in various ways. I had one that seemed to work fine, show up in Device Manager, even play 2d games, hell even one 3d game worked on it; but all other 3d games would instantly artifact and hard crash. Looks like something similar is happening to your card. To be sure put in in another PC if possible, if it behaves same you know its gone.

Old Molases

Prominent
May 3, 2021
Since what you mentioned clearly highlights that its time to get a new one. Just one last check to before you get a new one.
The way for checking the graphics card’s working quality is simple. You just have to check your windows device manager in order to check the availability of the graphic card.
The device manager exists in the control panel of the window. By clicking the device manager, now click on the display adopter. Look; if you are having a yellowish question mark means your graphics card is about to die.

May 21, 2022
Since what you mentioned clearly highlights that its time to get a new one. Just one last check to before you get a new one.
The way for checking the graphics card’s working quality is simple. You just have to check your windows device manager in order to check the availability of the graphic card.
The device manager exists in the control panel of the window. By clicking the device manager, now click on the display adopter. Look; if you are having a yellowish question mark means your graphics card is about to die.
Capture.PNG

That is odd, I don't see any question mark in the device manager. Is there anything else I could check?

GPUs can die in various ways. I had one that seemed to work fine, show up in Device Manager, even play 2d games, hell even one 3d game worked on it; but all other 3d games would instantly artifact and hard crash. Looks like something similar is happening to your card. To be sure put in in another PC if possible, if it behaves same you know its gone.

Solution
May 21, 2022
Ahh that's what I feared. I'll try to find another PC to swap it into, but assuming the worst and I need a new GPU, got any recommendations? I know GPU's are hot right now so I'm assuming it'll be tough to find any deals, but I don't even really know where to look .