Question Is my GPU dying already?

Mar 30, 2019
Hey I've got an ASUS Geforce 1060 6GB and everything was going fine until a few months after most games started crashing with weird green pixels all over my screen..
My pc still detects my GPU and I'm still able to boot games like Terraria and watch videos and such but if I launch a game like DayZ for example, it crashes soon after the game launches.

Is my GPU already dying after only a few months of use?
KdCqbdT.jpg

Mar 30, 2019
Yes, that GPU is faulty for sure....Sounds like some VRAM corruption issue. BTW, which PSU Model were you using for this particular GPU ? List the brand/model number.

How OLD is your graphics card, btw ?
My PC is a year old but only used for a total of maybe 4-5 months top, the only information I could find at the moment about the PSU is written on a small sticker :
115-230V
50-60H
10A

I'm not surprised. About a month ago i replied to a similar thread there where an Ibuypower pc with an unbranded PSU failed and caught their GTX1060 on fire. Gaming pre-builts often skimp on power supplies and cause major issues right after the warranties expire. Check if you have a warranty and return the pc. If not, upgrade the PSU and replace the GPU.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
I'm not surprised. About a month ago i replied to a similar thread there where an Ibuypower pc with an unbranded PSU failed and caught their GTX1060 on fire. Gaming pre-builts often skimp on power supplies and cause major issues right after the warranties expire. Check if you have a warranty and return the pc. If not, upgrade the PSU and replace the GPU.

+1. Couldn't agree more. I've also read many issues with the IBUYPOWER website, with regards to PSUs. On some systems, so they use a Generic PSU model.

Mar 30, 2019
This is sad but thanks for the quick replies!
So it means the GPU is fried even if im able to boot on the GPU and do a few things like terraria, youtube and such?

So it means the GPU is fried even if im able to boot on the GPU and do a few things like terraria, youtube and such?

Unfortunately, YES, that seems to be the case though.. RMA the card if the issue persists, assuming it has warranty left......Or better yet, try using this GPU on some other RIG/system, maybe at your friends place, if possible.....Doing this will further rule out any possibility. If the same problem occurs there, then obviously you need to replace your video card.

Mar 30, 2019
Yep pretty sure its the SPU, before today my screen would just stay black upon booting so today I changed my PSU cable for a new one and I overclocked my vram and somehow Im currently having no issue playing DayZ or any other game ( its probably gonna crash anytime soon) but so far so good 10 minutes in the game

My mind is melting at the moment I dont know whats going on with this pc anymore