Question Is my GPU Dying (Colors displayed wrong)?

FidgetBox

Commendable
Apr 23, 2020
Hello,

So last night while trying out Cyberpunk my computer was getting too hot so I shut the game down and let it rest overnight. After turning it on this morning I noticed that my computer is having issues with shadows and shading. So i pulled up a color chart to make sure it wasn't just me (I'm legally blind after all). And this is what I got. Of course, this is a picture from my phone on my screen.

Yes, i updated all my drivers. And i also double-checked against this morning for additional updates.

Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz 6-Core OEM/Tray Processor
Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB ROG STRIX Video Card
Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

Picture here

FidgetBox

Commendable
Apr 23, 2020
I did not, unfortunately. I can definitely say that I heard the fans really working really hard and I honestly freaked out. My case was very hot to the touch and hotter than its ever been. I felt it was dangerously too hot so I decided to turn the game off. Sadly I only got about 30-good minutes of game play and another 30 of character customization and intro. So I can't make an informed opinion. But I'm honestly excited. Or I was until all this happened.

I've also tried a different HDMI cable/port. Ensured everything was properly connected. I haven't opened up the case and ensured everything was seated properly but I can't imagine after a few years that something could have come loose. I'm kinda afraid to do that because I don't see well enough to look at something and tell if something is off and I don't wanna break anything.

I did not, unfortunately. I can definitely say that I heard the fans really working really hard and I honestly freaked out. My case was very hot to the touch and hotter than its ever been. I felt it was dangerously too hot so I decided to turn the game off. Sadly I only got about 30-good minutes of game play and another 30 of character customization and intro. So I can't make an informed opinion. But I'm honestly excited. Or I was until all this happened.

I've also tried a different HDMI cable/port. Ensured everything was properly connected. I haven't opened up the case and ensured everything was seated properly but I can't imagine after a few years that something could have come loose. I'm kinda afraid to do that because I don't see well enough to look at something and tell if something is off and I don't wanna break anything.
The "I havent opened my case" part sounds problematic to me.You have to see if there is any dust on the GPU,cpu or in the entire system and clean it,since thermal throttling is one of the main facts u take into consideration when experiencing these kinds of problems