[SOLVED] Is my GPU dying? GTX 960

Avanis

Honorable
Jun 22, 2015
Hey, I have a GTX 960 2GB and while playing Fortnite it feels like its artifacting (pic below), that's what some of my friends told me.

Is there any way for a fix or is my GPU dying?

Pic: https://prnt.sc/ppb1q9 (you can see some random lights, that's what I mean)

Solution
Artifacts, lines, discoloration are signs of a dying GPU. You can try to underclock it and if you are lucky they will go away for SOME TIME. It's time to buy a new one.

You can also try another game to make sure that it's not a problem with Fortnite only.
Artifacts, lines, discoloration are signs of a dying GPU. You can try to underclock it and if you are lucky they will go away for SOME TIME. It's time to buy a new one.

You can also try another game to make sure that it's not a problem with Fortnite only.

Solution

Avanis

Honorable
Jun 22, 2015

Thanks, I will try underclocking and see what happens, and this only happens with Fortnite, a line or 2 could be seen though in some other games, so I assume it's my GPU, thanks for pointing that out.

logainofhades

Titan
That is a bit of a low quality unit, and could also be causing you issues. I would recommend a better quality unit, like the Corsair CX550m, or better yet, the equally priced 650m, at a minimum, quality wise, regardless. If your GPU is going bad, it could be due to that PSU.

Avanis

Honorable
Jun 22, 2015
That is a bit of a low quality unit, and could also be causing you issues. I would recommend a better quality unit, like the Corsair CX550m, or better yet, the equally priced 650m, at a minimum, quality wise, regardless. If your GPU is going bad, it could be due to that PSU.

Thanks for pointing that out, appreciated!