[SOLVED] Is my GPU dying (or actually 95% dead)? Fail to boot with VGA debug led.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WeskerEnd

Honorable
Oct 17, 2016
tl;dr - Motherboard sometimes shows boot error with VGA led (debug LED), and I need to keep power cycling until PC boots properly, and it all seems fine on Windows when it does. Is my GPU dying for sure or could it be something else?

This started happening a few days ago, sometimes I power on my PC, fans/ram/leds/HDs all turn on, monitor detects a signal but stays black (as if it was receiving a full black screen). If I press Power it just turns off instantly, and today I remembered my mobo has these debug LEDs, and I saw that the VGA led is lit when this happens.

I need to keep power cycling a few times until it turns on as expected. When I'm in Windows, EVERYTHING* is perfect. No crashes, my VGA seems fine, minutes of Furmark with no problems *(while I was typing this, minutes after running the tests windows/explorer became weird, Task Manager showed -1% GPU usage, I tried restarting and got the error many times before booting again). As far as this afternoon I was able to game without problems, though it wasn't a very intensive game.

I tried reseating RAM and GPU, and my PCI-E power connector has 12.2V, I checked each black against each yellow, so I guess psu isn't the problem.

My PC (year bought):
-MSI x470 gaming pro (2019)
-Ryzen 2700x (2019)
-EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC (2017)
-2x8GB @ 3200MHz loki asgard (2019, chinese ram, "cheap")
-corsair CX430 (2015)

Is there any hope or am I doomed because I need a GPU in the current market?