May 7, 2019
Edit: added PSU.

Hello,
Recently I started getting BSOD's randomly with the error code Memory Management. I replaced the faulty RAM and the BSOD's no longer appeared.
However, now I get these red, green, blue and white flashes while playing games.

Some games I've tested;
Risk of Rain 2
If I set Risk of Rain 2 to 1600x900 Windowed Mode, there are no issues. If I raise the resolution, the flashes are back.
Lowering graphics settings didn't help either but I noticed that if I were to disable the Bloom effect, the flashes would be slightly less.

Grand Theft Auto V
Fresh install, on the lowest settings, I get the error "err_gfx_d3d_init" on random occasions and also have stretched objects every now and then. If I set my graphics higher, the flashes start appearing and "err_gfx_d3d_init" will happen more often.

Fallout 4
Fallout 4 is just one big rave party for me. Not as much stretched objects as in Grand Theft Auto V though, just loads of flashes.

This War Of Mine
For some reason, This War Of Mine has no issues at all.

My PC is prebuilt except for the RAM. It was 8GB of RAM on the stock build. If I open Speccy, my motherboard is always between 110°C and 120°C. It's not warm at all inside my PC so I'm hoping it's a false reading since it happens to more Speccy users.
Also, the RAM I recently added is a HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4-2400. Speccy, however, says it is on 1200MHz. My other RAM stick is on 1066MHz while it is a DDR4-2133.

So far, I have done the following things to see if it would fix it:
  • Updated BIOS to the latest available version;
  • Reinstalled GPU drivers with DDU;
  • Tried older GPU drivers;
  • Reinstalled DirectX;
  • Used a different monitor & HDMI cable;
  • Replugged RAM and GPU;
  • Tested each RAM stick separately;
  • Changed monitor refresh rate from 60Hz to 59Hz;
  • Disabling VSync;
  • Disabling any in-game overlay such as Discord, Steam etc.;
  • Changed color settings in NVIDIA Control Panel.
    Several people said it fixed "green lines" on their screen by changing the color settings.
    Even though I have flashes instead of lines, I decided to give it a shot but sadly that also didn't fix my problem.
I have provided some media as well as my specs below and hope anyone is able to help me out. My apologies for the long post but I wanted to provide as much information as possible.

Specs
Operating System:
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
PSU: Delta Electronics, Inc.
Model: GPS-300JB A
Rev: 01
Rated 300W
Peak 360W
CPU: Intel Core i5 6400 Skylake 2.70GHz
RAM: 16GB RAM (1x Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4-2400 / 1x Hynix 8GB DDR4-2133)
Motherboard: ASUS G11CD (LGA1151)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX950 2GB
ASUS VX229 Monitor 1920x1080 60Hz

NVIDIA Control Panel Settings
2ugc7dj.png

Video showing Grand Theft Auto V, Fallout 4 and Risk of Rain 2
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDVSVOeDuiY

Last edited:
May 7, 2019
One crucial bit of information is the make, model and Wattage of your power supply unit. That could be a suspect.
I would look at your psu model since it ie a prebuilt. Software cant tell you this.
My bad, totally forgot to add that to the post!
Delta Electronics, Inc.
Model: GPS-300JB A
Rev: 01
Rated 300W
Peak 360W
This is also still a stock part. Never replaced, PC was bought in 2016.

I'd say it is your GPU
Underclock it and see if you still get the problems.

Also for Temp you mean F not C as if it was C you'd be in meltdown
I actually meant Celsius. But as I said, this happens to more Speccy users so I'm guessing it's a bug as there is nothing melting or burning.
As for the underclocking, I have no experience in either under or overclocking. How would I be able to do this without getting further damage?

May 7, 2019
This PSU might be the culprit here. Though, I'm NOT 100% sure. Because, it says 80 plus Bronze certified, assuming this is your exact PSU model. It's a very old multi-rail power unit, chines made that is.

Yeah that's the same, only I don't have that bronze sticker and mine is REV: 01 instead of REV: 02. No idea what that means though.

Okay fine. But, I wouldn't use that PSU on any GAMING PC, even though It might work on the GTX 950. Can you test your PC by using some other PSU, if possible. Or else, please grab some other high quality power supply from the likes of BE QUIET, Corsair, EVGA, SEASONIC, FSP, Cooler Master etc.

I think yours might be an older version model. If there is no bronze label, then I think it might be a non certified one. Just a basic power supply.

May 7, 2019
Okay fine. But, I wouldn't use that PSU on any GAMING PC, even though It might work on the GTX 950. Can you test your PC by using some other PSU, if possible. Or else, please grab some other high quality power supply from the likes of BE QUIET, Corsair, EVGA, SEASONIC, FSP, Cooler Master etc.

I think yours might be an older version model. If there is no bronze label, then I think it might be a non certified one. Just a basic power supply.
I don't have an extra PSU so I'll look for a new one. Will update when I've changed PSU.
Thank you all for the help!