Question Is my GPU dying ?

Jun 25, 2019
Once I was watching youtube after I played a game for 2 hours, when suddenly some lines of different colors appeared on the left side of the screen for 1 second, then on the right side and then all over then I closed my laptop and then it never happened. Also, every time I open the laptop at the bottom of the screen, different artifacts appear for 1 second. Sometimes when I exit a video on youtube that was fullscreen the screen gets jammed on the last frame of the video while I can close google or pause the video and the only solution is to shut down my laptop. I have to mention that I have problems with my laptop hinges. I have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 4GB VRAM

Intel Core I7 6700HQ

Samsung SSD 860 Evo

8GB RAM

I don't really know my motherboard . I haven't changed my thermal paste since 2017 (when i bought my laptop) and i think it's dusty in there . Is my GPU dying or i need to change the thermal paste and clean my laptop?

Jun 25, 2019
What is the make and model of your laptop? An SKU would help us two fold. What were you taxing the laptop with and at what in-game detail levels were you taxing the laptop with? Which drivers are you running on the laptop?
My laptop is a Lenovo ideapad 700 and i don't really know what's an SKU and where i can find it .

Jun 25, 2019
I think it's getting worse, I've just had a bluescreen while watching youtube .
Edit:I've just updated my GPU driver and i hope everything will be ok, tomorrow i'll go to change my thermal paste and to clean it

Last edited: