Is my GPU factory overclocked?

Mar 31, 2018
Hi, I have a ASUS STRIX GTX 1060 O6G GAMING. I searched this question on Youtube but all of the factory overclocked ones were called OC. I was just wondering if mine is overclocked. I also searched O6g but nothing came up. Thx

Solution
I'm not sure what the trademark laws are, but generally any AIB partner who labels their GPU as "OC" or "SC" or "Gaming" (or some combo of all) means it is overclocked from the factory above reference spec. Your GPU runs a base 1620MHz clock with a 1848MHz boost and 2025MHz memory speed.

Reference or stock 6GB 1060 numbers are 1506MHz/1708MHz/2000MHz respectively. Keep in mind you can overclock the factory overclocked GPU too, both core and memory. It's a cheap way to get closer to the next level of GPU *if* you have good cooling. This is how I was able to get my EVGA GTX 970 SSC (ACX 2.0+) up to GTX 980 performance. We're talking about a 15% boost in FPS here. I have not overclocked my EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Gaming because there is no...
I'm not sure what the trademark laws are, but generally any AIB partner who labels their GPU as "OC" or "SC" or "Gaming" (or some combo of all) means it is overclocked from the factory above reference spec. Your GPU runs a base 1620MHz clock with a 1848MHz boost and 2025MHz memory speed.

Reference or stock 6GB 1060 numbers are 1506MHz/1708MHz/2000MHz respectively. Keep in mind you can overclock the factory overclocked GPU too, both core and memory. It's a cheap way to get closer to the next level of GPU *if* you have good cooling. This is how I was able to get my EVGA GTX 970 SSC (ACX 2.0+) up to GTX 980 performance. We're talking about a 15% boost in FPS here. I have not overclocked my EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Gaming because there is no need (yet).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS