[SOLVED] Is my GPU faulty or is it another component?

manlol

Reputable
Apr 27, 2019
Everytime i try playing any game, if its PUBG,H1Z1,GTA V, Or Fortnite, the game textures never load in, they either look like play doh or just dont load in completely, they do eventually load in most of the time but usually after 30 seconds - 45 seconds, im not very smart with how components work but i would only guess its a GPU problem because it involves game textures, ive also heard it could be a hard drive problem but the hard drive i bought is a 1tb 7200rpm hdd i bought literally two weeks ago, so its kinda new, i also bought my gpu 2 weeks ago as well so its not old at all. I wouldnt think it would be a CPU problem but my cpu is a few years old so i dont know. if it's not anything faulty and is just because i use an hdd then how come everyone always tells me to use ssds for windows 10 and store games on hdds if hdds arent good for games at all? I also did make sure i installed the correct drivers straight from nvidia's website as well.

System specs - Intel core i5 3470, Gigabyte 1050ti low profile edition, 8gb ram @ 1333mhz, and a 275w psu

Here is also an image of textures not loading in properly for GTA V, this was the only image i was able to capture.
unknown.png

Solution
Have you tried doing a CLEAN install of the GPU drivers, by using the DDU tool, or otherwise ? Not sure, but it looks like some graphical corruption to me.

But I could be wrong as well. Have you also monitored the GPU and CPU TEMP when playing games ? Any signs of overheating ? Also, what's the make and model number of your 275W PSU ? Isn't it a little less for your system ?

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
Have you tried doing a CLEAN install of the GPU drivers, by using the DDU tool, or otherwise ? Not sure, but it looks like some graphical corruption to me.

But I could be wrong as well. Have you also monitored the GPU and CPU TEMP when playing games ? Any signs of overheating ? Also, what's the make and model number of your 275W PSU ? Isn't it a little less for your system ?

Last edited:
Solution

manlol

Reputable
Apr 27, 2019

I havent tried doing that yet but i will try doing that and updating you, and as for the temps, at full load my cpu is around 70 c and very rarely 80 c, while gpu is roughly 60-70c on full load. and the psu isnt that much of an issue, considering i have a low profile gpu and im not really planning on overclocking anything i SHOULD be fine with the current wattage, if it does become a huge deal in the future then i can go up to a 350w psu or 400w which will definitely be more than enough for this system.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

manlol

Reputable
Apr 27, 2019

Alright after about an hour of playing two games, the problem is pretty much fixed, there are times where textures are a little play doh like once every 20 minutes or so but they usually load in in about 5 seconds or less, its defenitely a lot better than what it was beforehand where it was happening once every few minutes, thank you

Reactions: Metal Messiah.