Is my gpu fried?

Samuel Small

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016
My pc is running fine. LEDs work, fans work, and I hear a beep when I turn it on, but when I turn it on the monitor says no signal. I’ve been using this pc for about a year and it’s the first time this has happened. I plugged my monitor into my laptop and it worked fine so I think my gpu is dead. Any help?

Doseq

Reputable
Oct 25, 2014
Your GPU would be definetly broken if you had a black screen instead of display. But since you have no signal make sure that your GPU i correctly connected to monitor (Try different ports?, monitor source is choosed?).

Samuel Small

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016

It is an amd apu system. I forgot to say that my monitor is plugged into my gpu by hdmi and i tried connecting the monitor to the motherboards video ports and got nothing.

I have a geforce gtx 1060 (GPU) with gddr5 6gb of memory. I have an ab350 pro4 (MOBO) and a ryzen 5 1500x cpu. PSU is a corsair CX 750M. My ram is Patriot Viper 4 Series DDR4 16GB. And thats all I know.

Doseq

Reputable
Oct 25, 2014
Did you connected the monitor to PC with the same cable as you did connected laptop with monitor ?
If not then try with a different cable.
Connecting to motherboard wont give you anything since your CPU doesnt have integrated GPU, this output (on motherboard) is for AMD APUs only in this case.

Samuel Small

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016

I used the same hdmi. Nothing is working so i think that it is fried.

Samuel Small

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016

i did it and no luck :/

Samuel Small

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016

Oh and one other thing. Is it weird that my led mouse and keyboard dont light up when i turn my pc on? Could it be because of the gpu? When i plug my mouse and keyboard into my laptop, they work fine. They are plugged into my motherboard btw. Could my motherboard be fried?! All my fans and leds work sooo idk. Could i have a broken power supply???!!! I have no idea whats wrong with my pc but since my screen is black i suspected gpu was fried.

liamfuller45

Commendable
Jan 10, 2018
I had that exact same problem about 4 months ago and I tried everything but finally when I took it the computer repair place down the road from my house they did a quick scan and it turned out to be my PSU. It happened because I left my running for about one week without turning it off so just think if you have left it on for a long period of time and if all else fails most pc repair places offer a free evaluation so hope it helps.

Samuel Small

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016

Thanks for telling me that. I'll take that to mind. That may be the problem which is good because thats alot cheaper. Too bad ill have to basically rebuild the pc :p

Also, keyboard and mouse not receiving power can be a motherboard fault, because they receive power from the USB port, so if there's no power then that means that either the motherboard is not getting power(loose connection/faulty PSU), or it is not delivering power to the USB ports(faulty motherboard). The issue is not related to the GPU as far as I can see.