[SOLVED] Is My GPU (GeForce 1070) Fixable?

Jan 10, 2021
Hi,
I have a question about the problem that happened to my laptop. My laptop brand is Acer Predator G9-593, and my GPU is GeForce 1070. Last day while I was working with my laptop, suddenly, my laptop monitor started to go on and off two or three times, then, the window's UI became tiny, and after a few seconds my system freeze. This problem does not fix by restarting my laptop and it got freezing again after the logging in screen appeared. However, my windows worked properly in safe mode. I tried to reset my pc but again the same problem persists. I installed new windows by ISO through my USB port. Fater installation, again the same problem happened but after a few minutes. Then, I decided to delete my display adapter driver completely from the device manager. The problem was solved after that but my laptop couldn't recognize my GPU anymore. Thus, I installed some drivers from my laptop website. After installing, management engine same issue happened again. I want to know what could be wrong with my system and how should I fix this problem?
I will be grateful if someone helps me.

Solution
Safe mode runs with minimal drivers.
You may be using the laptop integrated graphics adapter.
Since reinstalling the mobile version of the 1070(not desktop) graphics driver does not seem to work, I would consider your gpu to have failed.
If the laptop is still under warranty, return it.
Otherwise, you are stuck with slower integrated graphics.

One thing to check first is if there are any bios updates to the motherboard that might be applicable.

poorbugger

Distinguished
Hi,
I have a question about the problem that happened to my laptop. My laptop brand is Acer Predator G9-593, and my GPU is GeForce 1070. Last day while I was working with my laptop, suddenly, my laptop monitor started to go on and off two or three times, then, the window's UI became tiny, and after a few seconds my system freeze. This problem does not fix by restarting my laptop and it got freezing again after the logging in screen appeared. However, my windows worked properly in safe mode. I tried to reset my pc but again the same problem persists. I installed new windows by ISO through my USB port. Fater installation, again the same problem happened but after a few minutes. Then, I decided to delete my display adapter driver completely from the device manager. The problem was solved after that but my laptop couldn't recognize my GPU anymore. Thus, I installed some drivers from my laptop website. After installing, management engine same issue happened again. I want to know what could be wrong with my system and how should I fix this problem?
I will be grateful if someone helps me.
If it works well in safe mode then chances are that it's not necessary the hardware that's at fault here. You mention deleting the display adapter driver from device manager? I've never seen anyone does that. Try download DDU and see if you can do a clean uninstallation of the gpu driver then reinstall the latest version.

Safe mode runs with minimal drivers.
You may be using the laptop integrated graphics adapter.
Since reinstalling the mobile version of the 1070(not desktop) graphics driver does not seem to work, I would consider your gpu to have failed.
If the laptop is still under warranty, return it.
Otherwise, you are stuck with slower integrated graphics.

One thing to check first is if there are any bios updates to the motherboard that might be applicable.

Solution