[SOLVED] Is my gpu good enough for this monitor?

GodCed

Prominent
May 12, 2019
Will this setup be good enough for this monitor on Cyberpunk 2077 and if it does will it still do pretty good for competitive games like Counter Strike, Fortnite, Modern Warfare, Cold War etc?
If I should go for a 1080p monitor link what I should buy.
My price range is of the monitor that is linked.

Last edited:
Solution
What about this one?
I'd have to say no. Have you ever seen 1080p on a 27 inch monitor...pixels clearly visible. If you want 1080p I'd stick with 24 inch. This is more of a personal preference. I'd try to look at one in a store before buying to see if you like it first. You might hate it, you might think it's fine.
Will this setup be good enough for this monitor on Cyberpunk 2077 and if it does will it still do pretty good for competitive games like Counter Strike, Fortnite, Modern Warfare, Cold War etc?
If I should go for a 1080p monitor link what I should buy.
My price range is of the monitor that is linked.
Your build list is empty. You have to use the permalink to post your list. Each time you edit the list the permalink changes. Remember that.

GodCed

Prominent
May 12, 2019
I'd have to say no. Have you ever seen 1080p on a 27 inch monitor...pixels clearly visible. If you want 1080p I'd stick with 24 inch. This is more of a personal preference. I'd try to look at one in a store before buying to see if you like it first. You might hate it, you might think it's fine.
Yea I'll have to go check some monitors out tmrw.
But what would you think would be the best 24 inch for me then if that's the case.

Yea I'll have to go check some monitors out tmrw.
But what would you think would be the best 24 inch for me then if that's the case.
You can use the original monitor you listed. I think it's a good choice but I don't think you'll get 144 fps using a 2060, with most games. You should get high enough fps to still enjoy it a lot and you'd probably be happier with it than a 24 inch. In a couple years you may want to upgrade to a better GPU and you'll already have the good monitor to go with it.

GodCed

Prominent
May 12, 2019
You can use the original monitor you listed. I think it's a good choice but I don't think you'll get 144 fps using a 2060, with most games. You should get high enough fps to still enjoy it a lot and you'd probably be happier with it than a 24 inch. In a couple years you may want to upgrade to a better GPU and you'll already have the good monitor to go with it.
Okay thanks for all the information I appreciate it.
Do you think there will be screen tearing if I get that monitor or will there be any problems since I wont reach 144?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
With a 2060Super at 1440p, you'll be looking at the 60-80 fps range on average for most games at med-high. The cpu will be considerably more powerful, so any game you play will benefit fps by lowering detail levels.

To get close to equitable results at 1440p, you'd need to be looking at a minimum of a 2080Super, max 3080.

1440p has @ 1.7x as many pixels as 1080p, so is somewhat brutal on the lower power gpus, especially those that are closer to topping out at 1080p ultra.

In other words, you do ok with LoL, WoW, CSGO etc, but BF5, CoD, Tom Clancy line, Tomb Raider series etc are not going to be good at all.

Tearing is usually found right as you approach refresh, not usually at anything relatively far under.

GodCed

Prominent
May 12, 2019
With a 2060Super at 1440p, you'll be looking at the 60-80 fps range on average for most games at med-high. The cpu will be considerably more powerful, so any game you play will benefit fps by lowering detail levels.

To get close to equitable results at 1440p, you'd need to be looking at a minimum of a 2080Super, max 3080.

1440p has @ 1.7x as many pixels as 1080p, so is somewhat brutal on the lower power gpus, especially those that are closer to topping out at 1080p ultra.

In other words, you do ok with LoL, WoW, CSGO etc, but BF5, CoD, Tom Clancy line, Tomb Raider series etc are not going to be good at all.

Tearing is usually found right as you approach refresh, not usually at anything relatively far under.
Okay thanks for that I think I'll just get a 1080p monitor then and upgrade my stuff later on do you prefer a higher refresh rate monitor or is 165 / 144 good enough.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I have dual 1080p/60Hz monitors. The bonus to that is everything I play regularly is getting over 60fps, so the screen is flawless and I don't register any dips. On high Hz monitors, if you go from 120ish fps to 60ish fps, you'll see it. But then again I'm using a 7yr old gtx970, which would be somewhat equitable to a rtx2030.

As to which is better, that's going to depend on your game choice. For open world, strategy, slower moving games then 1440p/60Hz is great, very good picture quality. For CSGO, BF series, gta series or other fast action games, then higher refresh is better for a cleaner picture, less ghosting, less stutter, seemless game play. A 1080p/144Hz would be a better choice.

Archaic59 was right about screen size, but only half way. 1080p is 1080p, doesn't matter if it's a 23.6" monitor or a 70" TV, it's identical, exact same pixel count and thats all the gpu sees. The difference is Distance. If the monitor is close, arms length or so, away from your head, then 23.6/24" is maximum size, as 27"+ uses larger pixels to fill up the space difference. So if the monitor is a foot past arm's length, a 27/28" will look the same as a 24" that sits closer. Same as you'll sit 15ft away from a 70" big-screen to get a good, clear, un-pixelated image.

Reactions: GodCed

GodCed

Prominent
May 12, 2019
I have dual 1080p/60Hz monitors. The bonus to that is everything I play regularly is getting over 60fps, so the screen is flawless and I don't register any dips. On high Hz monitors, if you go from 120ish fps to 60ish fps, you'll see it. But then again I'm using a 7yr old gtx970, which would be somewhat equitable to a rtx2030.

As to which is better, that's going to depend on your game choice. For open world, strategy, slower moving games then 1440p/60Hz is great, very good picture quality. For CSGO, BF series, gta series or other fast action games, then higher refresh is better for a cleaner picture, less ghosting, less stutter, seemless game play. A 1080p/144Hz would be a better choice.

Archaic59 was right about screen size, but only half way. 1080p is 1080p, doesn't matter if it's a 23.6" monitor or a 70" TV, it's identical, exact same pixel count and thats all the gpu sees. The difference is Distance. If the monitor is close, arms length or so, away from your head, then 23.6/24" is maximum size, as 27"+ uses larger pixels to fill up the space difference. So if the monitor is a foot past arm's length, a 27/28" will look the same as a 24" that sits closer. Same as you'll sit 15ft away from a 70" big-screen to get a good, clear, un-pixelated image.
Ah okay I see I think I’ll be getting this one then you think that'll be good enough?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Both of my monitors are Asus, both 7 years old, both run 24hrs a day, 7 days a week (as the pc is On for that) and neither one has yet to drop a single pixel.

So I'm kinda biased when it comes to exact models, but then I've seen ppl have LG for years and love them, mine died completely in 8 months, a big burn hole in the panel center.

That model rates very decent, averaging @ 4.6/5, which for a 1080p TN panel isn't too shabby.

But it is 1080p, it does have TN panel viewing and picture limitations, me personally my next monitors will be either 1440p VA panel or IPS as they have considerably better pictures than TN and my gaming/production is not mainly high speed 1st person shooters.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Once you get past 100 or so FPS, the human eye cannot distinguish it. The only reason I'd suggest getting a 144Hz monitor is because they sometimes don't cost much more than monitors with lower refresh rates.

But I would not pay extra for a high-refresh monitor. You'll simply want one that is FreeSync and GSync Compatible, and that has LFC (low framerate compensation). Basically, LFC exists where the minimum FreeSync refresh rate is half (or less) of what the maximum FreeSync refresh rate is.

ie: a monitor with 48-75Hz FreeSync range will not have LFC, but a monitor with 40-90Hz FreeSync range will.

EDIT: Also, get a better power supply:
Corsair CXM < CX < CX-F < TX < RM

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/97...-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020218-na

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/PV...d-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020132-na

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2H...-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020178-na

Last edited:
Reactions: GodCed

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Seasonic-wise, I would even consider their Core models. I really wish I could find a solid, reputable review of them, but, the fact that they have 80 Plus Gold efficiency, and, much more importantly, a 7-year warranty, makes me think that Seasonic is very confident in the Core series.