Question Is my gpu Hot ?!

M2019

Reputable
Nov 14, 2019
Hello , i have a asus gtx 1650 super phoenix (OC) my case which is ( mx410 mesh) have only 1 exhaust fan in the back so ist normal that my gpu temp are 40 at idle and 83c while gaming my room temp is about 30~35 c
i did set the power limit in mis afterburner to 80% and i got my temp down to 76 with no performance drop may be like 1 fps or 2 max so is it safe to do that or not ?
thx 💙

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The Phoenix cooler is just really inefficient. Asus attached a flower style heatsink to the gpu core AND the ram.
Those flower heatsinks that you see with stock cpu coolers are ok for those 65w desktop chips, but that gpu has a board power draw up to 120w...

But yeah, that's 'normal' for the Phoenix.

Reactions: M2019

M2019

Reputable
Nov 14, 2019
The Phoenix cooler is just really inefficient. Asus attached a flower style heatsink to the gpu core AND the ram.
Those flower heatsinks that you see with stock cpu coolers are ok for those 65w desktop chips, but that gpu has a board power draw up to 120w...

But yeah, that's 'normal' for the Phoenix.
thx for the replay💙 i can get temps down to 72c when lowering the power limit to 70 % in msi afterburner is that safe to do ? the gpu power goes from 100W down to 78 and i lost almost no performance

TRENDING THREADS