[SOLVED] Is my GPU or Motherboard bust?

Apr 19, 2020
Hi Guys, I have been a longtime follower of LTT. Got enough information from thier video and forums to build my own PC last year. I have gotten into an issue with my PC, and unable to fix the same. Would really appreciate any help I can get on the below issue.

The problem started when while playing MW (2019) my graphics card fans would randomly ramp up and screen would go blank. I updated all my drivers and made sure windows was up to date. System seemed to be working fine for a bit, then it started having same issues again, and despite me deleting all graphics drivers and reinstalling them, my screen started going blank even when not playing a game. I know the system continued to work since it happened when I was watching a video, I could hear the sound but the screen had gone blank. I tried updating other bios but to no avail. Now my PC would not even post anything at start. The system starts up, the fans start, nothing shows up on the screen and the system itself shuts off and starts again and this goes on a loop until I manually power it off. Additionally I see 2 white lights where I connected the power cable to GPU. I read this indicates a power issue, i tried different cables but the issue persisted. Given I have a 750 Watt PSU I doubt it is lacking in power. Please let me know if anyone has a clue as to what could be causing the issue?

My System Details:

Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Killer SLI/ac LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z370 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard

CPU: Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.6 GHz (4.3 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Series) 95W BX80684I58600K Desktop

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i 92mm SSO2 CPU Cooler

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) Desktop Memory Model F4-2400C15D-16GVR

GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING OC 8G Graphics Card, 3 x WINDFORCE Fans, 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6, GV-N2080GAMING OC-8GC Video

PSU: CORSAIR CX Series CX750 (New) CP-9020123-NA 750W ATX12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Non-Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Given the lock down I'm unable to get any outside help, any advice is really appreciated.

Solution
Given I have a 750 Watt PSU I doubt it is lacking in power.
Wattage doesn't mean jack. Quality of the psu's internal components > wattage.
Corsair's CX series are low budget level products... nice hardware you got hooked up to that...

Remove the gpu and try to run everything off the cpu's Igpu.
Apr 19, 2020
It was not running without the GPU, and even tried Radeon RX 550. Fortunately got a tip to reset CMOS on LTT forum (again I am fairly novice guy so did not know about it). This seemed to fix the issue, the system is posting. Ran the furmark stress test and some games and system has been performing well without any crashes so far.
Thanks for the help anyways.