Status
Not open for further replies.

Pomfrit

Great
BANNED
Oct 18, 2019
Hello everyone,
I wanted to ask about my GPU's temp. When I play games like The Witcher 3, my GPU temp goes to 80 celsius, which is also my temp limit on MSI Afterburner. So I'm a bit concerned that the temperature is so high, that it goes to the limit. Is that okay? Or should I do something about it?

My graphics card is RX 570,
I have 2 front fans,
1 rear fan
cpu cooler,
gpu has 1 fan
and psu fan...
Also, I have the cooler masterbox q300L case.
Thank you for your help.

80726183_700668597128358_3590982792810332160_n.jpg

Solution
Also my fan speed it set to 45% speed... and when i change it to manual so the fans can spin on their own it hitts 60% fan speed but the temperatures still remain 80celsius...also the fan gets too loud thats why i have it to 45% fan speed.... either way no matter the fan speed its always 80celsius

Well the gpu will be managing it's clock speed to maintain 80C- you'll find when you up the fans to 60% the temp will stay the same but the clock rate in games will be higher.

To get the temp down you could manually lower your clock speed a bit. That isn't surprising behaviour given you are restricting the fan speed. I take it the card used to run cooler? It could mean the fans require cleaning and / or the thermal paste needs...
Hello everyone,
I wanted to ask about my GPU's temp. When I play games like The Witcher 3, my GPU temp goes to 80 celsius, which is also my temp limit on MSI Afterburner. So I'm a bit concerned that the temperature is so high, that it goes to the limit. Is that okay? Or should I do something about it?

My graphics card is RX 570,
I have 2 front fans,
1 rear fan
cpu cooler,
gpu has 1 fan
and psu fan...
Also, I have the cooler masterbox q300L case.
Thank you for your help.

80726183_700668597128358_3590982792810332160_n.jpg

80C is normal temp for a gpu when gaming- nothing to worry about.

Pomfrit

Great
BANNED
Oct 18, 2019
80C is normal temp for a gpu when gaming- nothing to worry about.
Also my fan speed it set to 45% speed... and when i change it to manual so the fans can spin on their own it hitts 60% fan speed but the temperatures still remain 80celsius...also the fan gets too loud thats why i have it to 45% fan speed.... either way no matter the fan speed its always 80celsius

Well the gpu will be managing it's clock speed to maintain 80C- you'll find when you up the fans to 60% the temp will stay the same but the clock rate in games will be higher.

To get the temp down you could manually lower your clock speed a bit. That isn't surprising behaviour given you are restricting the fan speed. I take it the card used to run cooler? It could mean the fans require cleaning and / or the thermal paste needs changing if you've had the card a while?

Solution

Pomfrit

Great
BANNED
Oct 18, 2019

To get the temp down you could manually lower your clock speed a bit. That isn't surprising behaviour given you are restricting the fan speed. I take it the card used to run cooler? It could mean the fans require cleaning and / or the thermal paste needs changing if you've had the card a while?
Is the auto fan speed enough? It usually runs at around 38-40% fan speed ..80celsius...? The fan never rlly ramps up

Status
Not open for further replies.