Nov 12, 2022
It's been a week since my RTX 3060 (laptop) is missing.
Couldn't find anywhere , device manager , nvidia inspector. I've tried every possible thing.
Is this the end of my beloved one ?

Nov 12, 2022
Thank you so much for your reply.

It is the OMEN Laptop 15-en1021nf .

CPU : Ryzen 5 5600H
RAM : 16go 3200MHZ

I've lost a lot of hair this week , my hope is fainting.
(I'm french , i'll do my best to be understandable)

cruck nova

Reputable
May 5, 2020
update the drivers once using driver booster, because if the nvidia drivers are deleted, it will show under generic moniter device or something. try uninstalling and installing the nvidia drivers, or geforce

COLGeek

Cybernaut
update the drivers once using driver booster, because if the nvidia drivers are deleted, it will show under generic moniter device or something. try uninstalling and installing the nvidia drivers, or geforce
Driver booster and similar apps are NOT recommended. They often break more than they fix.

HP provides excellent driver support for their products and should be the primary source for such.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Nov 12, 2022

HI , thank you for your attention.
I'm sorry but i have tried everything i could , i've used DDU , safe mode then reinstall the latest drivers , i've tried the Support package assistance by HP ( which include Nvidia drivers too)
Old and New , I have done a complete reset of Windows 11 (2H22) , update my bios , and every single windows update.

cruck nova

Reputable
May 5, 2020
I'm sorry but i have tried everything i could , i've used DDU , safe mode then reinstall the latest drivers , i've tried the Support package assistance by HP ( which include Nvidia drivers too)
Old and New , I have done a complete reset of Windows 11 (2H22) , update my bios , and every single windows update.
Thats odd, i wonder if something happened to the nvidia graphics chip inside the motherboard, if thats the case it shouldnt boot at all or show some error

Nov 12, 2022

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Thats odd, i wonder if something happened to the nvidia graphics chip inside the motherboard, if thats the case it shouldnt boot at all or show some error
Not necessarily. Even if the 3060 is actually "dead", there is still the integrated GPU and the system will continue to work.

I do agree that there may be some indicator in the BIOS regarding system information/status that might shed some light on the health of the laptop.

Nov 12, 2022

That's why I'm asking you , I can't figure why my pc is still running perfectly , there is no error , but the GPU is no where to be found , i can't open the Nvidia control panel , drivers won't install , they where no signals , artifact , shock , overheating , nothing to be alarmed off

Nov 12, 2022
Here is some more info : The left cooling fan is working (cpu) but the right isn't (Gpu)
Recently Hp forced the Bios update and now is AMI F.20 (before F.10)
I've heard That windows 11 (2H22) is messy with some of NVIDIA's gpu

Omen Bios don't give that much information : I can't find my GPU there , but i can do Video memory test ( always succesful )
Nvidia latest drivers won't install because it said that there is no hardware to be recognized
device manager : none
dxdiag : none ( only amd )
nvidia inspector : none
system information : none

Usually my Gpu didn't go above 80C°.

(I'm really grateful that you take your time to answer me even if this looks like a dead end)

Last edited:

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Here is some more info : The left cooling fan is working (cpu) but the right isn't (Gpu)
Have you looked in the BIOS section where your hardware is listed for status?

Did you try the previously linked Nvidia direct drivers?

Not surprised by fan. If not in use, the system may not enable that fan to keep noise down.

You really should contact HP. A 20-day expiration of the warranty may be something they would consider waiving.

Nov 12, 2022
Have you looked in the BIOS section where your hardware is listed for status?

Did you try the previously linked Nvidia direct drivers?

Not surprised by fan. If not in use, the system may not enable that fan to keep noise down.

You really should contact HP. A 20-day expiration of the warranty may be something they would consider waiving.

I tried your drivers , ( not the right version of windows / or hardware not detected)
I'll try to contact HP , but this company makes money , i don't think that they would consider me , or being kind , the rules seems clear

cruck nova

Reputable
May 5, 2020
if you ask for my suggestion, i would say sell the laptop as it is now, because if hp refused to fix it, it would be big of a hassle to change the gpu chip, so sell the laptop for less and explain the problem to the buyyer, maybe you can save money instead of running here and there for repair, even if you go for repair, there is a high chance that they may not be able to fix it!
just my suggestion, final decision is up to you

No, this is terrible advice. NEVER use a third-party app to install drivers. This is a no-no in our world.

Not necessarily. Even if the 3060 is actually "dead", there is still the integrated GPU and the system will continue to work.

I do agree that there may be some indicator in the BIOS regarding system information/status that might shed some light on the health of the laptop.
The Omen often have the iGPU portion completely disabled. Same on my own one (Omen 15 DC1024na)

I tried your drivers , ( not the right version of windows / or hardware not detected)
I'll try to contact HP , but this company makes money , i don't think that they would consider me , or being kind , the rules seems clear

Use the HP Assistant and see if there's any missing drivers. You could also try a bios update if that's not been done yet.

Windows 11 22H2 has known issues, with stuttering and low fps, low CPU usage. It could be part of the issue. Have you checked under optional updates on Windows, as there are often HP Firmware/bios updates that won't go into the latest updates section. Make sure they are updated. Same if it says Intel Firmware.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2022
if you ask for my suggestion, i would say sell the laptop as it is now, because if hp refused to fix it, it would be big of a hassle to change the gpu chip, so sell the laptop for less and explain the problem to the buyyer, maybe you can save money instead of running here and there for repair, even if you go for repair, there is a high chance that they may not be able to fix it!
just my suggestion, final decision is up to you

I'm considering your words , so that's it , we can all agree that the chip died ? out of nowhere... this is really depressing , I'm doing so much 3D stuff on unreal and Blender , precious money and time running away from me.
Thank you Cruck and Colgeek for your time.
Have a nice week-end.

cruck nova

Reputable
May 5, 2020
I'm considering your words , so that's it , we can all agree that the chip died ? out of nowhere... this is really depressing , I'm doing so much 3D stuff on unreal and Blender , precious money and time running away from me.
Thank you Cruck and Colgeek for your time.
Have a nice week-end.
anytime dude. Have a good day, i hope things go well on your side too!

Nov 12, 2022
No, this is terrible advice. NEVER use a third-party app to install drivers. This is a no-no in our world.

The Omen often have the iGPU portion completely disabled. Same on my own one (Omen 15 DC1024na)

Hi ! I've updated the Bios and HP assistant too , nothing changes.
But I'm curious about what you said on IGpu , could my RTX simply being disabled ?
however , there is no option in the bios that could do such a thing , i've almost considered that i could retrograde the bios to the former version ( AMI F.10)
(i've suspected the recent bios update to be the main antagonist)

cruck nova

Reputable
May 5, 2020
Hi ! I've updated the Bios and HP assistant too , nothing changes.
But I'm curious about what you said on IGpu , could my RTX simply being disabled ?
however , there is no option in the bios that could do such a thing , i've almost considered that i could retrograde the bios to the former version ( AMI F.10)
(i've suspected the recent bios update to be the main antagonist)
even if the igpu is disabled, it would still draw power and get heated, if its heated the fans would have been spinning, once try the hp omen software and check if the gpu is being displayed in the hp omen software

TRENDING THREADS