[SOLVED] Is my gpu temp okay?

NewbieATbuildingpc

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
so i change my gpu from hd 6950 1gb to r9 370 4gb last week. i thought because of the tdp its gonna be cooler than my previous gpu but its actually hotter
85-88c 10c hotter than hd 6950. would it be okay if i just play game at that temp forever until i change a new gpu again(6month-1year).

Solution
85-88 is on the high side of things, and I would definitely look into the issue if it was system. It's not anything that'd damage the GPU, but it's still high enough to make one uncomfortable. Check airflow in your system, make sure the GPU isn't struggling to get fresh air. Make sure you have an optimal intake-exhaust setup, and if that doesn't help, try more case fans.
85-88 is on the high side of things, and I would definitely look into the issue if it was system. It's not anything that'd damage the GPU, but it's still high enough to make one uncomfortable. Check airflow in your system, make sure the GPU isn't struggling to get fresh air. Make sure you have an optimal intake-exhaust setup, and if that doesn't help, try more case fans.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Solution
Yeah those can be some toasty CPUs. I assume its a used GPU so you should probably try to clean all the dust out of it and redo the thermal paste, this may lower your temps a little. Making sure your case has proper air flow and clean cable management could also help.

mid 80s aren't horrible temps for that card, you most likely will not see any damage come to it, especially if you plan on replacing it within a year. I would aim for high 70s low 80s though.

TRENDING THREADS