Question Is my GPUGTX 1660 Super underperforming

Jun 22, 2020
I believe my GPU is underperforming and Ive taken multiple benchmarks and stuff. I am barely getting 60 fps in GTA V in high settings and with no special effects enabled and I've also tried using optimised settings applied by Geforce experience in other games like Witcher 3(55fps with hairworks turned off) and Watchdogs 2(around 50 fps). Ive googled a lot and found others getting much better performance with this GPU. I play all these games in 1080p btw.
The temps are around 70-75c under load. Ive updated all the drivers and am using Windows 10 64 bit.
Heaven benchmarks gives around 1980 score with extreme settings for quality and tesselation and rest all disabled.

My specs:
Ryzen 3600
Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super OC 6GB
Aorus elite mobo B450
Corsair 8GB 3000mhz DDR4

Please help.

I'm no expert, but I think the problem is your RAM:

A. Not enough of it. 16 GB is generally considered the standard to effectively run modern games these days. 8 GB isn't enough.

B. You don't have dual-channel RAM. Just about everybody is running a dual-channel setup. So few are only running a single stick that I don't even have a point of comparison to show you to explain how much slower it is. But it makes a big difference (so I've heard).

My advice: buy another Corsair 8GB 3000mhz DDR4 stick of RAM.

Jun 22, 2020
I'm no expert, but I think the problem is your RAM:

A. Not enough of it. 16 GB is generally considered the standard to effectively run modern games these days. 8 GB isn't enough.

B. You don't have dual-channel RAM. Just about everybody is running a dual-channel setup. So few are only running a single stick that I don't even have a point of comparison to show you to explain how much slower it is. But it makes a big difference (so I've heard).

My advice: buy another Corsair 8GB 3000mhz DDR4 stick of RAM.
Thanks for your reply and even I suspected the same but turns out Witcher 3 doesn’t require more than 5gb apparently and I have also checked the ram usage while running it. And I highly doubt that wouldaffect Heaven benchmarks score???I maybe wrong tho..