Question Is my graphic card broken or is it the motherboard broken????

Mar 5, 2019
I was travelling recently with my pc....as i reached the new city i unpacked it and booted it for the first time. It started up...all fans are working perfectly fine....caSe lights up....gpu is getting enough power (its fans are working too)....everything is fine ...but it is not giving display of any sort coz the monitor simply says "no signal"...but when i tried pressing and shacking the gpu a bit it started....now i am sure that either the PCIe slot is loose or the gpu...but what is it?? I m not sure??....plzz help...

i wish it is the faulty pcie slot coz the cost of a gpu nowadays...i need too sell my kidney for that..

My specs..

Amd ryzen 5
Gtx 1060 6gb
550 watt corsair psu
8gb corsair vengeance ram
Asus a320m-k motherboard

Feb 28, 2019
Hey, I had this weird issue before as well.
I read this post once and a guy said to unplug the monitors power and display cables for 10 minutes and then plug them back in and it should work.
I thought it was stupid but i tried it anyway and it actually worked no joke, give that a go?

Reactions: Adnanpb110
Mar 5, 2019
I read this post once and a guy said to unplug the monitors power and display cables for 10 minutes and then plug them back in and it should work.
I thought it was stupid but i tried it anyway and it actually worked no joke, give that a go?
ok i'll try that mate ....and get back...

Mar 5, 2019
thanks for helping though but plzz stay connected until i get a full proof solution....

Mar 5, 2019
Have you have tried a VGA or DVI cable from the motherboard to the monitor?
Yup i tried that too ....the motherboard can jump to bios and theres no prob with motherboard....either it is the graphic card(which i see no damage in) or the motherboard( which has no visible damage too)...

Mar 5, 2019
Have you have tried a VGA or DVI cable from the motherboard to the monitor?
There is some loose contacts going on for sure.....but what it must be?? The graphic card or the pcie slot....?? As up to my knowledge ...graphic cards have just pins pasted on the board thats all...so i guess there is not likely a chance of gpu getting loose??....what say??

Feb 28, 2019
There is some loose contacts going on for sure.....but what it must be?? The graphic card or the pcie slot....?? As up to my knowledge ...graphic cards have just pins pasted on the board thats all...so i guess there is not likely a chance of gpu getting loose??....what say??
Hmm, I would suggest moving it to another PCIE slot but obviously you only have the 1 on that board, only other way I can think of to identify if its the card or the slot is to put another graphics card in.
But I can only assume you don't have a spare graphics card laying around.

The only last suggestion I have is to follow this guide: https://www.hunker.com/13409472/how-to-turn-on-a-pci-slot-in-bios

Turning the PCIE slot off and on again in the bios.

Mar 5, 2019
Hmm, I would suggest moving it to another PCIE slot but obviously you only have the 1 on that board, only other way I can think of to identify if its the card or the slot is to put another graphics card in.
But I can only assume you don't have a spare graphics card laying around.

The only last suggestion I have is to follow this guide: https://www.hunker.com/13409472/how-to-turn-on-a-pci-slot-in-bios

Turning the PCIE slot off and on again in the bios.
All ur assumptions are true.....and thanks a ton for ur suggestions....i'll be trying that out shortly and would update the results in this thread....