[SOLVED] Is my graphics card any good?

Oct 21, 2020
I have an Intel(R) UHD 620 Graphics Card on my laptop and I'm not sure if it's good or not... I'd like to start gaming on my laptop and for most system requirements I check on www.systemrequirementslab.com, my VRAM is too low apparently... I'm not really a tech genius so I need someone to tell me if my VRAM is related to my Graphics Card or not... Can I upgrade it somehow and whatever you think I need to know to start gaming on my laptop... Thanks a lot in advance... All replies are so so appreciated.

Solution
Thank you but this laptop I bought was not so long ago and I'm already paying off a bunch of loans right now so information is all i can afford right now... If you could tell me how good or bad my graphics card actually is, it would be very kind... Thank you
Good and bad are relative terms, but all in all it's not meant for gaming. Gaming is generally done with a dedicated GPU which uses its own resources and powerful vram to render and stream game assets. An iGPU (what you have) is a integrated gpu which is actually a part of your CPU, and it uses your ram as vram as it lacks its own. And ram isn't really as powerful as actual dedicated vram which is meant for graphic-intensive tasks such as 3D games, rendering, streaming and...
Oct 21, 2020
VRAM or video ram is related to the video card, the more the better in general.

what laptop do you have?

honestly i would recommend that you get a desktop for gaming
Thank you but this laptop I bought was not so long ago and I'm already paying off a bunch of loans right now so information is all i can afford right now... If you could tell me how good or bad my graphics card actually is, it would be very kind... Thank you

woot

Distinguished
I would not get too excited about gaming with a intel video card, maybe very old games.

Zer0123

Reputable
Aug 8, 2017
Good and bad are relative terms, but all in all it's not meant for gaming. Gaming is generally done with a dedicated GPU which uses its own resources and powerful vram to render and stream game assets. An iGPU (what you have) is a integrated gpu which is actually a part of your CPU, and it uses your ram as vram as it lacks its own. And ram isn't really as powerful as actual dedicated vram which is meant for graphic-intensive tasks such as 3D games, rendering, streaming and some physics calculation etc.

There's also the matter of memory speed, frequency, heat management etc which I won't get into.

So as you can tell, integrated gpus are mostly there so that the PC would be able to perform its everyday tasks, watching 1080p videos, basic photo editing, browsing the web and so on.

In terms of gaming, your options are limited to games that are made with GPU requirements in mind (you can see the minimal requirements to verify that), 2D games that don't involve 3D elements and don't have heavy physics calculations, and finally old games that would run easily on modern integrated GPUs.

Solution