Is my graphics card at fault for my bad quality?

Mar 12, 2018
Lately i've been noticing really poor quality with almost everything on my PC. From youtube videos, to my backgrounds on my desktop.

Images and videos appear blurred in certain areas, and it's just not in HD. This problem has been going on for a while and even after upgrading my PC(Graphics card being the only thing not upgraded) I have to assume it's the problem, or some obscure setting.

Image of desktop
[url=https://imgur.com/a/V9jeb]Image from twitch
[/url]
Image of youtube

My specs are:
I5 8600k @4.6ghz
GTX 970 Reference version
asrock killer sli motherboard
Vulcan T-force 16GB ddr4 @2400
PSU is a corsair RM 650

My monitor is a acer predator XB270HU. It's 1440p, but the problem was exactly the same on a 1080p monitor, displayport, DVI or HMDI. I really don't know what is casuing this, or even if the images i've given are even helpful, i just can't take it anymore. Even when i switch to my Ipad, or iphone i notice a difference, and it's really annoying.

I've troubleshooted everything i can on my own. Now i come here for hopefully some help. If i need to do something to help anyone i gladly will.

Mar 12, 2018

Could you possibly help me with it? When browsing in general everything seems fine. Browsing websites like reddit and such is fine, everything seems high quality, but the moment i watch a youtube video in 1080p HD it loos terrible, blurry, pixelated etc. I don't really know what to do.

4745454b

Titan
This is why I don't like 1440. Welcome to the world of Interpolation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpolation

In LCDs the pixels are fixed. 1440 doesn't match 1080. This is why it's always suggested to use the native res of your monitor. While not all users are sensitive to this, you might be someone who is. In short, it's having to "estimate" which pixels to turn on for 1080 and this can cause a blurry picture.

It shouldn't happen when using 1440 however. The game pictures you loaded looked ok to me, other than it looks like a game with simple/basic graphics. The desktop looked fine. I suspect it's something wrong with your monitor or you are using 1080 when you should be using 1440.

Mar 12, 2018

This isn't just happening to me because of a 1440p monitor, it was happening on a 1080p monitor.

The pictures i gave are not me playing the games, they're on youtube or twitch, and the quality is absolutely atrocious. It was never like this, that's why i believe it might be a graphics card problem, but i don't know.