[SOLVED] Is my Graphics Card bad?

Nov 10, 2018
So whenever i try to play games, or even just sit at my desktop with 1 or less programs open my screen goes black for a second then comes back. But if i load up a game it will load and then the black screen will appear and then the game will be crashed. Does not matter what game it is or what program is open it always does this. I switched HDMI cables, i ensured they were plugged in correctly, and i even changed gpu slots. I tried reinstalling new drivers on my gpu and tried removed it from the system and nothing is still working. When i watch the temps of my gpu when i load games its perfect and its nothing alarming. But when i watch the frames they are all over the place. What are your thoughts? Is it just a bad graphics card? Or is there a setting or something im missing?

My build:
CPu: Intel i7-7700k
GPu: Msi Geforce GTX 1060 6gb Gt OCV 1
Motherboard: Asus Strix ROG H-270
RAM: G Skill Trident RBG 16gb (2x8)

Solution
Possible, but not real likely if you haven't abused the card and you bought it new. I'd first try to eliminate possible software problems.
Run CCleaner and do the Clean and Registry both in case there are conflicting pgms.
Run A malware check to be sure no poorly written code is the problem.
Run a virus scan... just for the heck of it.
Disable as much as possible that starts when Win boots. Check your tray to see what loads with Win.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Possible, but not real likely if you haven't abused the card and you bought it new. I'd first try to eliminate possible software problems.
Run CCleaner and do the Clean and Registry both in case there are conflicting pgms.
Run A malware check to be sure no poorly written code is the problem.
Run a virus scan... just for the heck of it.
Disable as much as possible that starts when Win boots. Check your tray to see what loads with Win.

Solution