[SOLVED] Is my graphics card broken?

Oct 12, 2019
I have just finished building my first computer and i'm having å big issue! From the very first time i booted it i got vertical white lines(artefacts?) I was hoping it would go away after i updated my MOBA BIOS and got drivers for the graphics card, but no. The lines are still there!
Device manager shows Nvidia card with Code 43.
My build:
Moba: ROG STRIX B360-F Gaming
with Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 16GB.
Cpu: Intel Core i7-8700.
Gpu: MSI GeForce RTX 2060
Powersupply at 750W

Can this be fixed or do I need go get a new grapics card?

Last edited:
Solution
Please put your PC back on horizontal plane so the GPU doesn't get drawn down by gravity.
It may be that your GPU is not well fitted in and someone just now reported this issue. Make sure the card is in properly and fully. Even without the screws you shouldn't be able to move it AT ALL, unless you force it.
You need to grab the metallic part of the card, make sure it's sitting properly in the CORRECT SLOT and then push it down firmly and strong until it's in properly, the metal parts of the card should come out the other side, the card shouldn't move at all.
Then make sure you are using the proper PCI-E pins and all that are required to power up your card.
Assuming that's windows 10, the GPU should be automatically be recognized from...

Cioby

Distinguished
Please put your PC back on horizontal plane so the GPU doesn't get drawn down by gravity.
It may be that your GPU is not well fitted in and someone just now reported this issue. Make sure the card is in properly and fully. Even without the screws you shouldn't be able to move it AT ALL, unless you force it.
You need to grab the metallic part of the card, make sure it's sitting properly in the CORRECT SLOT and then push it down firmly and strong until it's in properly, the metal parts of the card should come out the other side, the card shouldn't move at all.
Then make sure you are using the proper PCI-E pins and all that are required to power up your card.
Assuming that's windows 10, the GPU should be automatically be recognized from the start. Otherwise try installing drivers for your motherboard and then reboot.
Find drivers for your GPU and install them, then reboot.
If problem persists, contact your seller.

Reactions: DunderGunder
Solution
Oct 12, 2019
I am finally free to do what you have suggested, but a question rose to mind:
I am using my old psu from 2013 - Corsair CX750M, 750W
Is it possible that the psu is faulty and causing my issues?

Cioby

Distinguished
I am finally free to do what you have suggested, but a question rose to mind:
I am using my old psu from 2013 - Corsair CX750M, 750W
Is it possible that the psu is faulty and causing my issues?
If the card is properly placed and all the drivers are up to date and the card isn't damaged, it is possible.
You could try checking with GPUz if your card gets enough power

TRENDING THREADS