Is my graphics card Dead??? RX 470 8GB

Andrew1337

Reputable
Apr 25, 2015
So, I bought my GPU 8 months ago. And it has a weird issue. When I do something more that uses GPU, some blue pixels appear on screen. Then it goes black and crashes the pc. When I go into event viewer it shows me dozen of errors with code: 4101. "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered". I thought it was a driver issue. So I freshly installed windows and new drivers too. Now it shows the same thing, but the whole screen turn into various color pixels.

No there is no heating issue. Temps stay at about 50-60 on load.

That's not a good PSU, not a PSU for gaming at all.

Does onboard graphic work?

1st thing to do is replace the PSU, and get a higher quality unit, the VS is the worst PSU Corsair makes.

Reason being is the PSU could have cooked your graphics card, so replace that 1st.

Then once you have a good high quality PSU test the graphics card, if it still doesn't work then it's bad.

But don't get a graphics card 1st, the PSU might cook the new one also if it fried the old one.

DO NOT under any circumstances hook up a new graphics card to that PSU.

Andrew1337

Reputable
Apr 25, 2015

On board graphics work. I had this power supply in another system with different GPU. And i think it is just a bad Radeon.

I would replace the PSU with a better one and test it again.