Is my Graphics Card Dead?

Jul 6, 2018
My graphics card is giving me the Code 43 error, when I am not in safe mode and I have drivers installed my resolution cannot be changed, and my screen is black and white. In safe mode I have color and can change the resolution all I want, but once I try to update a driver my pc loses video and I have to reboot. When I’m not in safe mode and I try to boot it rarely gets past the windows loading screen then the video cuts off, everything inside the pc is on including the GPU. Also when I don’t have drivers installed my display adapter is listed as the Microsoft Basic Display Driver. I’m running windows 10 and my gpu is a EVGA GeForce GTX 770 Superclocked 2Gb.

Solution
Check control panel uninstall list. See if you have anything labeled "display adapter" if you do, remove it and then run DDU to completely remove all video drivers and reinstall lastest Nvidia drivers for your card.

I had this issue when I moved from AMD to Intel and even Nvidia couldn't figure it out. Took me a week of troubleshooting to find the issue.

Now your problem might be different. But here is to wishful thinking.
Check control panel uninstall list. See if you have anything labeled "display adapter" if you do, remove it and then run DDU to completely remove all video drivers and reinstall lastest Nvidia drivers for your card.

I had this issue when I moved from AMD to Intel and even Nvidia couldn't figure it out. Took me a week of troubleshooting to find the issue.

Now your problem might be different. But here is to wishful thinking.

Solution