Is my graphics card dead?

Legend207

Reputable
Jun 1, 2016
Hello

I have an hd 7770 graphics , one day I started gta 5 and the screen went grainy and my pc hung up
I tried restarting my pc and after signing in and reaching to desktop the screen went completely black and my graphics card fan started spinning really fast and loud I restarted again but this time the pc won’t boot so I removed my graphics card and now the pc is booting up properly , I put another ultra low end graphics card and my pc is working fine without crashes.
Is my hd 7770 dead ? If so can I do anything to repair or is there some kind of service for it
I game only old games and can’t afford a new graphics card at the moment

Any help is appreciated

Solution
Most likely the GPU's just dead. What is your PSU?

If it doesn't work in another PC, there's nothing you can really do with this GPU. Even if the GPU were repairable, the cost of the labor to fix it would likely to cost more than to buy a new, comparably fast GPU (GT 1030).

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Most likely the GPU's just dead. What is your PSU?

If it doesn't work in another PC, there's nothing you can really do with this GPU. Even if the GPU were repairable, the cost of the labor to fix it would likely to cost more than to buy a new, comparably fast GPU (GT 1030).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS