[SOLVED] Is my graphics card dead?

May 22, 2020
Earlier today my PC turned off randomly and instantly while I was playing a game. I got no drop in frames and no warning display.

When I took my headphones off I noticed the fans were louder than usual and the computer felt fairly hot. I assumed it had overheated which has never happened before so I gave it a few hours to cool down, however it will not start.

After powering on, the fans and LED lights all turn on as if it were working but nothing displays on the monitor. I also gave evything a clean and tried again but got the same result.

Also, the fans on my gpu seem to be louder than before, but I cant be sure.

Last edited:
Solution
Thanks, I just tried booting up without the gpu and got the same result, any idea what the next thing to look into/troubleshoot would be?
So the next step i would suggest is to test if your motherboard ain't DEAD.(Hopefully not the case)
You are going to have to set a system warning beep code(This way you will know whether your motherboard is still functional and alive somehow)
1,.You are going to set the warning beep code by removing all of your RAM and your Graphics card plus your Hardrives.(When everything has been removed you are going to power up your system again.)NOTE=When you power up your system there MUST be beeping noises coming out of your System....that beeping noises are a code that tell you there are no RAM...

Bassplate

Reputable
Earlier today my PC turned off randomly and instantly while I was playing a game. I got no drop in frames and no warning display.

When I took my headphones off I noticed the fans were louder than usual and the computer felt fairly hot. I assumed it had overheated which has never happened before so I gave it a few hours to cool down, however it will not start.

After powering on, the fans and LED lights all turn on as if it were working but nothing displays on the monitor. I also gave evything a clean and tried again but got the same result.
it could be that the GPU has overheated and probably burned or something...
The only way to find out is by Booting your System without the Graphics card connected.(NOTE=If your system boots up without the GPU connected it might be that the graphics card is DEAD.)
If your system still does not Boot or power up or post even without the graphics card connected then its something else that's a problem...Then you are going to have to take other steps to test your Computercomponets.

Bassplate

Reputable
Thanks, I just tried booting up without the gpu and got the same result, any idea what the next thing to look into/troubleshoot would be?
So the next step i would suggest is to test if your motherboard ain't DEAD.(Hopefully not the case)
You are going to have to set a system warning beep code(This way you will know whether your motherboard is still functional and alive somehow)
1,.You are going to set the warning beep code by removing all of your RAM and your Graphics card plus your Hardrives.(When everything has been removed you are going to power up your system again.)NOTE=When you power up your system there MUST be beeping noises coming out of your System....that beeping noises are a code that tell you there are no RAM connected..(PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR BIOS BUZZ SPEAKER IS CONNECTED TO THE MOTHERBOARD otherwise you will not know when there will be beeping noises.)
When you hear the beeping noises its a good sign that the motherboard is still functional...and the problem could be maybe your RAM sticks.
IF you still don't hear beeping noises(Codes)when RAM and GPU plus drives are removed it could be that your CPU is faulty or maybe your Power supply....Maybe borrow a friends CPU and PSU just to Test and follow the exact same steps again. :benetton::benetton::benetton:

Solution