[SOLVED] Is My Graphics Card dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajayvasanth

Honorable
Dec 17, 2016
##Background##
My Asus GTX 1050ti started restarting while playing games and it started showing no display. PC runs in the background but has no display. I tested with different display ports and still the same. Monitor detects it when plugged but shows no signal.

Something similar happened before but I was given a replacement card when under warranty. Since then I have changed both CPU and Motherboard. And was happily gaming for a while. Now Since warranty is over, Asus service centre said they won't be repairing it rather if it's under warranty only replace it. So now I don't have any ideas because most laptop and pc service centres said no.

#I opened the heatsink. And found some surprising discovery. It looks.....well....not right..
(I have attached the picture.)
I want to know whether my graphics card done for? Because I can hear it running the PC in the background without the output to the display.
Rest of the board looks brand new.

I would like get some insight from you guys.
:⁠-⁠)

PS.I was using a cheap 450w zerbronic psu that came with the cabinet during all this could this be the cause? I've now bought CV550 but it's too late for my 1050ti:⁠'⁠(

https://drive.google.com/file/d/104jQLKQ8j75Z9p7Z08w5MiXisAgC1T2_/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Did you mine with that card? It looks like the GPU chip was subjected to a lot of force while the card's cooler was on, as if it was thrown on a concrete floor or stepped on or both. That does not look right.

You could try and drop the card onto a known working system(not yours) and see if the issue persists. By my eyes, it looks like the card is an expensive paperweight.

PS.I was using a cheap 450w zerbronic psu that came with the cabinet during all this could this be the cause? I've now bought CV550 but it's too late for my 1050ti:⁠'⁠(
Neither of them are reliably built PSU's. It's possible that the card was subjected to a lot of heat and the chip just cracked under stress. What case are/were you working with?

On second thoughts, please pass on the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Do mention the games you taxed the GPU with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ajayvasanth

Ajayvasanth

Honorable
Dec 17, 2016
Did you mine with that card? It looks like the GPU chip was subjected to a lot of force while the card's cooler was on, as if it was thrown on a concrete floor or stepped or both. That does not look right.

You could try and drop the card onto a known working system(not yours) and see if the issue persists. By my eyes, it looks like the card is an expensive paperweight.

Neither of them are reliably built PSU's. it's possible that the card was subjected to a lot of heat and the chip just cracked under stress. What case are/were you working with?

On second thoughts, please pass on the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Do mention the games you taxed the GPU with.

🤣

I checked it with the a different PC its still blank on the output.

I usually use MSI Afterburner to keep the temperature in check and other than cpu hitting 60 to 70 GPU remained under 75

CPU: i5 9400f

Motherboard: Asus H310 e R2.0

Ram: Crucial 8gb DDR4 2666

SSD/HDD: Seagate HDD at that time

GPU: GTX 1050ti

PSU: ZEB 450W(DSATA)

Chassis: Zerbronic genric case with two side fans.

Monitor: LG 22MP68VQ

I've played a lot with this card. Entire Assassin's Creed, Witcher, COD, Rise and shadow of TR, Batman Arkham series....a lot

I guess I may have used it little overtheboard by playing on it all the time 🥹.

Thanks for the reply though 👍🏻

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.