[SOLVED] Is my graphics card defect?

madsmuz

Commendable
Feb 11, 2017
Hello.
Recently i've added 2 Y cable fan splitters to have a total of 4 fans in my case.

Since then i've been noticing a weird static/screetching/tinitus like sound coming from somewhere in my system. First i thought it was the fan header connecters but then i unplugged those and the sound went on. (quickly disconnected the Y cables, the sound went on and i closed the game really fast, had no fans running and i didnt want anything to overheat^^)

Video of sound (sry right ear lovers):
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJtAG0nnuDU

This sound only comes when i play something graphics heavy like COD or RDR2

Is this normal or has my Graphics card actually gone bad already? haven't noticed it before. When i have the case closed i barely hear it. No loss in FPS and temps never go above 60 C*.
The graphics card is only 4 months old now.

My rig:
I5-9600k (Dark rock pro 4 cooler)
RTX 2070 ROG STRIX
ASUS Prime z390-Z Corsair
650W Gold 80+ PSU
4x Fractal Design Dynamic GP-12 Fans
2x Noctua NA-SYC2 Sleeved Y-Cables
Factal Design Define C case

Solution
Do you hear it when your pc is idle or using it regularly? Sounds like coil whine to me. Usually happens when gpu is underload and it is normal. If it really bothers you, you can RMA. Even if you RMA your gpu chances are that gpu will also have coil whine, though it maybe not be as noticeable. Depending on the brand they might decline the RMA because it's a common thing.

darkrosez

Commendable
Dec 28, 2017
Do you hear it when your pc is idle or using it regularly? Sounds like coil whine to me. Usually happens when gpu is underload and it is normal. If it really bothers you, you can RMA. Even if you RMA your gpu chances are that gpu will also have coil whine, though it maybe not be as noticeable. Depending on the brand they might decline the RMA because it's a common thing.

Solution