Vends

Reputable
Aug 25, 2020
Hello. I recently bought a new gaming laptop, and I am not impressed with the results at all. Very frustrated, i've spent 2 weeks trying to find a fix to this problem, but nothing is working. I feel like the only thing to do left is reinstall windows, which I really, really do not want to do.

SPECS:
gtx 1660 ti
core i5 8300h
8gb ram

I don't know why on a 1660 ti, I am getting worse results than a 105. On Rainbow six siege, lmedium settings I get around only 100 FPS! I should be getting 200FPS on high. On farcry 5, im only getting around 30fps on lowest settings.

What I mainly want to know is this, as it may make it easier to solve my problem:
I noticed that while in a game of fortnite, task manager was displaying that my GPU was not being fully utilized, only average of 20% was and most being used by intel graphics, as seen in the image.

Is it meant to be like this, or is this the problem? Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
When you state you've tried for 2 weeks, we'll need to know what you did so we're not repeating your steps that didn't work.

Make, model and SKU for your laptop? You might want to see if the laptop has any BIOS updates pending for the laptop. Following that, make sure you're on the latest OS version. We're currently on Windows 10 version 2004. Then use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and reinstall the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.