[SOLVED] Is my graphics card ok or dead?

Levimahdi

Reputable
Oct 20, 2019
last night i was playing games and then my pc crashed with a striped screen. after then when ever i boot up my pc crashes after couple of minute. then i uninstalled the driver. Now if i plug in my gpu my pc becomes slow. it takes time to boot up as well. some time it shows no hard drive found error msg. and also if i try to install the driver again it will crash the whole pc. Any one knows whats the problem here? my gpu dead or there is some other problem.

Solution
Sounds like a GPU problem (and a bad one), but it's hard to give specific advice when you haven't told us anything about your PC. A full list of specs would be extremely helpful to anyone trying to give an answer in anything but the vaguest of terms.

Levimahdi

Reputable
Oct 20, 2019
cpu: Pentium G3240
GPU: amd readon 7750
RAM: 6 gb

i also opened up the gpu fan now i can see that the thermal paste is dried up.. could that be a problem?

Levimahdi

Reputable
Oct 20, 2019
yes it runs fine i guess... when ever i plug the gpu its takes time to boot up .. the pc feels very laggy. now its ok with out the gpu. so should i consider my gpu dead and buy a new one? i dont have money to buy now thats why making sure that if its really dead or there is some problem that i can fix :3
thanks for your answer though <3